Will you buy a pair

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
So back in April I read an article about a company called xMEMS who have created a solid state driver for earphones, dispensing with voicecoils and magnets. Apparently creative technologies have made the first pair of earbuds to use this technology. Wonder if they'll get reviewed by WHF. Would you be tempted to be among the first to buy them when they go on sale.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
I'll have to have a full read of all the blurb on xMEMS website.

Are they for live performers for IEMs or are they for the general public?

The World’s First Solid-State Semiconductor MEMS Speaker​

Our monolithic MEMS speakers implement both actuation and diaphragm in silicon producing the world’s fastest and most precise micro speakers for true wireless (TWS) earphones, digital hearing aids, and other personal audio electronics, including smart glasses and sleep buds.
icon_tws-150x130.png

icon_earbuds-150x130.png

icon_hearing-aid-150x130.png

icon_smart-glasses-150x130.png

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
So back in April I read an article about a company called xMEMS who have created a solid state driver for earphones, dispensing with voicecoils and magnets. Apparently creative technologies have made the first pair of earbuds to use this technology. Wonder if they'll get reviewed by WHF. Would you be tempted to be among the first to buy them when they go on sale.
I'm always curious about new technologies, conventional dynamic earphones have been on tbe scene since the beginning, electrostatic and planar magnet are relatively recent. I think it would be prudent to hold off from purchasing until the technology has sufficient time to mature.

ianrjones

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
Denon 72000 are three times heavier than my old Sony's. Too soon to report. I had to buy extension cable. QED ..I cannot move my seat. But It's imposible to fall asleep. More later.

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
The Denon 7200s weigh 385g, I'm sure the Sonys don't weigh less than 130g... (I know he's gone but, that is such a stupid claim.)
You weren't kidding, I was curious because 385g seemed rather excessive. I checked Denon webpage for the specs - see below :)

1695210856045.png

Ps. Got me curious about my Hifimans, no way 405gs!!

1695210995546.png

Last edited:

Friesiansam

You weren't kidding, I was curious because 385g seemed rather excessive. I checked Denon webpage for the specs - see below :)
I too checked the Denon website for specs. Whether the weight is excessive or not, depends greatly on how well headphones are designed. My Focals weigh 430g but, the wide, soft headband means they never feel heavy.

BTW, Audeze LCD-XC weigh in at 677g!

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I too checked the Denon website for specs. Whether the weight is excessive or not, depends greatly on how well headphones are designed. My Focals weigh 430g but, the wide, soft headband means they never feel heavy.

BTW, Audeze LCD-XC weigh in at 677g!
Perish the thought but are there any headphones that weigh over 1 kilo?
Maybe arnold schwarzenegger owns a pair :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts