will the kuro be beaten this year ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
nothing could do it in 09 , even tvs costing 2 to 3 times as much couldnt beat the kuros picture quality , so whats going to beat it this year ?? panasonic ?? with some ex pioneer boffins involvement in this years models , you would assume they have the best chance , but will pana have cut corners to keep costs down ?? can they make a tv , better than the kuro , for less money ??

sony ?? hmmm , maybe , their first use of edge led lighting should really help their already very good black levels , they are overcoming lcds motion issues better than the rest , and they arguably need this year to be succesful , more than their competition , could they have the new , kuro killer , up their sleeve ??

what about samsung ?? their plasmas are very good , apart from black levels , but i dont see them overtaking the kuro this year , what about their edge led sets ?? very good last year , and samsung have been making led tvs longer than the rest , id say they will get very close..

that leaves philips , some say the 9704 is as good as a kuro , (dont mention the price) but will they make something better again ?? or will the 9704 be philips flagship for a few years like sonys x4500 ??

or , will any tv ever be much better than the kuro ?? can they actually get better ?? yes they can add widgets , dlna , dongles , face recognition etc etc , but will any tv , oled and 4k2k aside , have a better picture than the kuro , using the tech available right now ?? i doubt it , i think there may be a few that catch up , but in six months time , i doubt ill be reading about a kuro killer ....

D

Deleted member 2457

I think the Philips 52pfl9704 should be a good match for the 50 inch pioneer plasma.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I agree with most of your points Maxflinn.

I don't however believe in any LCD Kuro killers, with or without LED (and no, not Philips either).

Best change would be Panasonic, if the kuro tech is implemented in the right way. But I am also a little scared they have cut corners to keep the price down. Will be interesting to see
emotion-2.gif

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
TKratz:I don't however believe in any LCD Kuro killers, with or without LED (and no, not Philips either).

but i do TKratz

the sonys have come you have`nt seen them perform yet led will reign supreme plasma doe`snt stand a chance led`s are getting deeper blacks now so pioneer or not lcd led is the winner this yeaR

tvspecv:

TKratz:I don't however believe in any LCD Kuro killers, with or without LED (and no, not Philips either).

but i do TKratz

the sonys have come you have`nt seen them perform yet led will reign supreme plasma doe`snt stand a chance led`s are getting deeper blacks now so pioneer or not lcd led is the winner this yeaR

They're all mere speculations. We have to wait & see how they perform.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Yes, you are right about that Bigboss.

And then people keeps talking about blacks. It is some time since this was a problem (on premium TV's at least). But show me one LCD TV with LED who master good shadow details and we can start talking.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts