Will my speakers connect to my TV? - absolute beginner needs help!

jmec

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to speakers and sounds system.

I previously had an old DVD player with a number of speakers and sub-woofer, but the DVD player broke and the speakers got put away. I also think the sub-woofer doesn't work either now. A couple of years ago I bought a LG TV (the 32LH3000-ZA). I'm now wondering whether my old speakers would work with the TV to improve the sound? There are various audio sockets on the back, and I quickly plugged a couple of the speakers in to see what happened, but no sound came out. In addition, I have recently purchased a Wireless Bluetooth Music Receiver A2DP Audio Adaptor so that I can bluetooth music to the TV and that works fine and this uses a couple of the audio sockets. Ideally, I'd like the music TV/DVD output etc to go through the speakers as well if possible.

I have some photos of the sockets on the side of the TV, the back of the TV and also the speakers and their connections, and would really welcome some advice on whether these would work with my TV, do I need to change any settings on the TV (I can't see anything obvious), and what I'd need to do. Unfortunately, I can't see how to upload photos with my post so advice as the Insert image doesn't seem to point to my computer! Any advice would be welcome.

Any help or advice on question would be very gratefully received.

Thanks,
Jon.

jmec

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I've got a Sky+ box attached to the TV, as well as a DVD player and a Wii.

As I can't seem to upload my own photos, I've found this one of the back connectors which I hope is useful. The connectors on my speakers fit these.
LG32LH3000+main+bord.jpg

Jon.

jmec

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi Simon,

Many thanks for that. Are you there any alternatives that might make my speakers work with the TV which aren't quite as expensive? Looking at the back of the TV and the side of it, there are two Audio (L/R) sockets, both of which are coloured red and white. What are these intended for if I can't plug my speakers into this? Sorry, probably a really basic question, but just wondering.

Thanks again,
Jon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts