Will Marantz cd players blend well with the Onkyo 606?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. Just wondering if the budget marantz cd players such as cd5003 or cd6002 will do justice for my onkyo 606 receiver to become more musical. What other brands of cd players can be partnered well to the 606? Cheers

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have the old marantz CD63 KI (£500 in 199?) attached to my onkyo 606. I have a set of the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speakers, and overall it sounds ok. (Although, nothing like as good as my old system of the same player, Marantz PM6010 KI amp and Tannoy DC2000 speakers!!!)

I found the sound improved greatly with sand filled stands, but especially with the Tacima CSC 929 mains conditioner attached.

How I say it sounds ok, cos I am thinking of replacing the front 1010i with the Q Acoustics 1030i floorstanders. Would like the sound to fill the room a bit more, and assume it's cos the front speakers (used with the sub on 'CD Stereo') are so small?

A

Anonymous

Thanks PP1. At the moment I am using my old cambridge audio dvd player to play music through the 606. The sound is just ok for me considering that cambridge audio dvd players are musical as well. But if I upgrade to a stand alone cd player such as the marantz cd5003 or the cd6002 will I notice a huge improvement in sound quality?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I tried using the old Marantz CD67 OSE (to downgrade, if the sound was ok) through the onkyo, and I heard a massive difference (the Marantz CD63 KI was much better, as it should be).

I heard that the Sony BDP-S350 blu ray player was pretty good with cd's, so tried it, but it was no way near the CD63 KI.

If your using an old Cambridge Audio DVD player, my guess would be that a 'dedicated' cd player, like the ones you mentioned, with sound superior to it.

Best way to find out is to take your dvd player to a shop, and audition them both in the shop...

Hope that helps.........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts