Will Blu Ray Players eventually replace DVD Players?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
When it comes to Upscaling DVD playback will Blu Ray Players eventually replace DVD players or will dedicated High End DVD Players continue to be made

A

Anonymous

The reason why I ask is because right now you can buy the PIONEER DVLX50 DVD PLAYER (MULTI-REGION) reviewed on here at £500 for £270 at Superfi and was wondering if something like the new Panasonic BDMP55 at £400 was as good as if not better than the Pioneer at Upscaling normal DVD to near HD

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hard to tell. Blu-ray is still a long way from being a mass-market format, and there are millions of DVDs in people's homes. But I do think it's going to get harder for manufacturers to sell high-end, dedicated DVD-only players now that Blu-ray is on the scene.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Tallyho:The reason why I ask is because right now you can buy the PIONEER DVLX50 DVD PLAYER (MULTI-REGION) reviewed on here at £500 for £270 at Superfi and was wondering if something like the new Panasonic BDMP55 at £400 was as good as if not better than the Pioneer at Upscaling normal DVD to near HD

In absolute terms, the Pioneer is the slightly better upscaler with DVDs. But the Panasonic is still a very good DVD upscaler, and it plays Blu-ray too, so in our view that makes it worth the extra £130 over the price you've been quoted on the Pioneer. After all, why buy something that isn't futureproof?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts