Why is that ?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry, a lot of people are. The forum-software is rubbish. They must be contractually bound to use it because there are ten year olds who could throw-together something better in PHP or vBulletin in minutes.

John Duncan

MajorFubar said:
Don't worry, a lot of people are. The forum-software is rubbish. They must be contractually bound to use it because there are ten year olds who could throw-together something better in PHP or vBulletin in minutes.

The forum code is open source so you're welcome to go and fix it - should only take you ten minutes, right?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I know bits about HiFi, nothing about running forums.
But that doesn't mean I can't tell it's rubbish compared to other forums I'm on, running vbulletin and phpbb.
I can't sing either, but I can still easy tell you when I hear someone who really should have their mic confiscated.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I think maybe the problem is the letter verification thing, not sure why they have that, never seen it on any other forum amd yes it is the worst forum to use Ive experience. Very slow, titles to long (more than 64 letters), posts don't always load so you lose them all etc.

Here is some more: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/about-the-new-site/site-is-slow-again

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Fred24 said:
Please ignore. I am currently having problems posting on this forum.

So just post your question in the SECOND post on the thread, many people cannot post in the first post on a thread, please don't keep starting new threads trying to get the question to appear in the first one, it isn't worth the effort.

Fred24

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks guys, for all your patience. :wave: It also appears that I’m not the only one facing this difficulty.

any ways my question is as follows:

I have the Wharfedale 9.1< Denon DM38 in my room.

And my friend has the Wharfedale 8.1 via Cambridge audio Cd player> CA pre amp > CA power amp.

I have still not understood why my friends 8.1’s have such a noticeable punch. Even so that one will think there is a hidden subwoofer? I started to think whether is the power from the p.a ...

It’s a shame we live too far thus I have not been able to try my 9.1 on his set-up

NB: our rooms are similar size and shape; i have even change poles of my 9.1 to no avail, 9.1 has been properly run-in.

So I am very keen to know why is that?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Fred24 said:
any ways my question is as follows:

I have the Wharfedale 9.1< Denon DM38 in my room.

And my friend has the Wharfedale 8.1 via Cambridge audio Cd player> CA pre amp > CA power amp.

I have still not understood why my friends 8.1’s have such a noticeable punch.

Wharfedale 8.1s have a 165mm bass/mid driver.

Wharfedale 9.1s have a 130mm bass/mid driver.

You don't mention which CA power/pre amplifier pair your friend owns, but I am willing to wager it is more powerful than the DM38.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts