Why i cant search the topics from forum

ivavcr

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Not directly related but I made three attempts to start a new thread about Focal 705 vs 705V. The first Friday night the last Sunday night. On all three occassions I saw a prompt in green "that the thread Focal....." has been created but have not seen the actual posting.

Any ideas of what I or the system might be doing wrong?

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
There's a problem with the search button since the recent site upgrade. They are in the process of fixing this. Meanwhile, you can enter the search term on google and include "www.whathifi.com".

Lol... 'upgrade', the old website was ok, nothing special, but it worked. This incarnation is an embarrassment to design and technology, it is the worst website 'upgrade' I have ever seen. The developers/designers should all be sacked, I only pop back now and again to see if anything has improved.

I would just bring back the old site, or get some Kids from university who could do a much better job, then again I reckon I could do far better than whomever has been involved in this debacle.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
SonofSun said:
bigboss said:
There's a problem with the search button since the recent site upgrade. They are in the process of fixing this. Meanwhile, you can enter the search term on google and include "www.whathifi.com".

Lol... 'upgrade', the old website was ok, nothing special, but it worked. This incarnation is an embarrassment to design and technology, it is the worst website 'upgrade' I have ever seen. The developers/designers should all be sacked, I only pop back now and again to see if anything has improved.

I would just bring back the old site, or get some Kids from university who could do a much better job, then again I reckon I could do far better than whomever has been involved in this debacle.

I think the opposite. The old site should have died with the dinosaurs as it was seriously ancient and notoriously useless. It was the most limited 21st century website I used. If you edited your own post you got bopped by the spam filter. If you copy and pasted some text, it lost all it's formatting and ended up being a solid wall of words. The list of limitations of the old site would fill half the internets.

This one, while needing some tweaking, is much better and my guess is the majority of people that don't like it are the kind of people who don't like change in general.

One observation for the devs, spell checking browser add ons don't work on this forum, any idea why?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts