Why buy an expensive media streamer?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey a while ago I was looking for a media streamer and some said WDTV and some said Popcorn hour as it passes HD audio but can be very expensive, and some said Playon/ac ryan.

Anyway, from looking at reviews of over 2 weeks and looking on youtube ect. It seemed the Popcorn hour was out of budget and even though the WDTV live had a great GUI, I didnt want it to look pretty I wanted it to work on everything.

So I opted for the Ac ryan at 80.00 but was on scan the other day for 70.00, anyway, it stuttered and was a nightmare to get everything going, but I put this down to myself. First thing I did was get rid of the Home Plugs as they just would not stream 1080p, and went for the 7.50 option of 40 meters of ethernet and ran it up the stairs and tacked it to the boards, Best thing I ever did and took 1 hour.

So I bought the AC Ryan knowing or thinking it could nat pass HD audio, but I thought downmix to dolby was fine, but then started reading last night, after having this media player for about a week. Yes it can pass HD audio...

So got some sample clips of Dolby True HD and Master audio, So turned my AC RYAN on and my systems lights clicked on master audio and the 1 song all 4gb worth started pounding through my system.

Also to boot, the guys at AC Ryan are putting a new 2.0 GUI in the start of december and its going to have YAMJ and all the bells and wistles on the popcorn hour and WDTV.

So just a little review, if you want a media streamer, look no further than this little tiny box, I have thrown all types of media at it, and it has not let me down.

I have now gotten into all this media thing so much, that I bought a refurb buffalo 500gb Linkstation NAS, as a mate of mine in work said this would be the best thing for my set-up as I wont have to leave my PC on as its running at about 300 watts an hour and the NAS will run at about 20, so lots of energy saved, and that was only 39.99 on fleabay.

radiomike

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression that DTS MA was not available, looking at the AC Ryan forums seems to confirm that the players can't pass DTS MA so now I'm really confused...

A

Anonymous

Played an Alicia Keys copy blu-ray, well it wasnt a copy it was a sample.Blu-ray DTS Master HD

And the Master HD light up on the amp, cant say why others have problem.

But It works on my pioneer, and it was a Image folder which contained the master audio and played amazing

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts