Which TV for my budget.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive just sent off my subscription form for the What HI*FI mag, and picked up the September Issue from my local newsagent, great to see Optimus Prime on the front cover ;-)

I have been looking at getting my 1st flat screen HD ready/ Full HD TV ready for when i move into a flat with my fiancee.

My basic requirements. The TV will need to cost less than £1000, be 32/37inch either LCD or Plasma, I will be using the TV for general SD viewing aswell as HD Gaming from my 360, I will be getting a 360 elite on release and would like to upgrade to Sky HD when the deals start rolling in.

I have read elsewhere on the forum that there seems to be 3 fantastic 32in LCD TV's available a Phillips/Sony/Panasonic.

Unfortunatley following recent visits to my less than helpful local currys store im still left in the dark, as too which tv would suit my requirements and budget. I would also like to point out that I cannot stand motion blur and would ideally like to see decent blacks. Which will all run fast enough for gaming.

Apologies if ive waffled on, but it is difficult to explain - or maybe its not!

HELP please

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi there

One of the best-value 32in LCD TVs at the moment is Toshiba's 32C3030DB which sells for around £599. It's HD-ready and a great first-time buy.

If you're happy to spend more, then consider Panasonic's TX-32LXD700 at around £1000. The Philips 32PF9731D delivers brilliant pictures from SD and HD material, but is beginning to look pricey now at £1700, although you may be able to find it for less if you shop around.

All 32in flatscreens tend to be LCD, but if you wanted a plasma Panasonic do an excellent 37in model, the TH-37PX70, again at around £1000. Plasmas tend to have the edge over LCD when it comes to handling fast motion and displaying deep blacks, so this might be your best option.

A

Anonymous

Now I am not an expert in fact I have almost athe same question....but I have found the Philips 32PF9731D for about £900.00 delivered......so it may put it back in the budget....and the 9632D the newer model I believe for £799.00 (not sure why its cheaper, still waiting for answer myself)

GJ

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Tallyho"]
Two goodun's for Standard Definition...and then some:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Sony-KDL32D3000/ On Dixons: £771.00

http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/plasma/Panasonic_th37px70.htm On Dixons: £699.99

[/quote]

there are some reviews on those weblinks, thanks.

[quote user="Jordan.Racing"]

Now I am not an expert in fact I have almost athe same question....but I have found the Philips 32PF9731D for about £900.00 delivered......so it may put it back in the budget....and the 9632D the newer model I believe for £799.00 (not sure why its cheaper, still waiting for answer myself)

GJ
[/quote]

Perhaps when you find out, you could kindly post this, as I would be interested to know.

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]Also worth noting that we're working on a 32in TV Supertest - including loads of new models - for our October issue, out August 23rd.....[/quote]

will this include the pansonic/philips and sony mentioned?
as i suggested i have recently subscribed, so hopefully this will be in my first issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts