Which to pick?

Elroy

Mar 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

Im stuck, so I need a little help, in order to pick the right speaker(s)

Choice is between A: Jamo concert 590 special edition. And B: JAMO Concert C 97 II

Price is approx the same.

What would you go for and why?

Cheers Elroy

Last edited:
Hi,

Im stuck, so I need a little help, in order to pick the right speaker(s)

Choice is between A: Jamo concert 590 special edition. And B: JAMO Concert C 97 II

Price is approx the same.

What would you go for and why?

Cheers Elroy
welcome to the forum
Why only these two?
Unlikely anyone here can help as we don't have your ears or any idea as to your equipment or listening room.
This is essentially a UK forum and Jamo have never been particularly favoured over here.
Go audition as we always say...

Reactions: WayneKerr

Elroy

Mar 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

They are 2hand gear and not so easy to get a hold on. So, no listening room before I get to the seller. Could be any at this Forum have had both of them and could give a heads up regarding which one(s) I shall get - despite it being a UK forum and Jamo never have been particularly favoured here.

I often rely on not only my own ears but on others aswell, when speaking of sound.

Pictures, on the other hand, are a completely different matter. There I "Go audition" to see for myself whether the item is something I want to acquire or not.

Last edited:
Hi,

They are 2hand gear and not so easy to get a hold on. So, no listening room before I get to the seller. Could be any at this Forum have had both of them and could give a heads up regarding which I shall get.
let's hope someone comes along. As always it is obviously better to get something locally that you can actually hear to save major disappointment.
You are still avoiding telling us what other equipment you are intending using them with and the size and nature of your listening room.
So, less than helpful really....

I wasn’t familiar with these, but curiousity got the better of me. I took a look at a few reviews and forums and it seems that the C97ii is a current model, whereas the 590se may be about 15 years old. Unless there was something especially liked about the earlier model - and I’ve not found any sign of that - I’d plump for the newer model.

Both are slim floorstanders with above average sensitivity. What I can’t say is how either perform or whether you’ll like them.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for reply.

What did bring my attention towards the C 97 II, was this review:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMKhYkECgyE&ab_channel=AndrewRobinson

I know the concert D 590 Limited Edition was made for the celebration for the Danish company's 50 years of stellar sound and design. So it is old, but apparently has a very good sound, according to various reviews.
The thing is, there are now dozens of ‘influencers’ who appear on YouTube. It’s like the old days where if it was written down it must be true. Now, if you make a film of your opinion that’s a fact too! He seems one of the better ones, but raves about everything I’ve watched!

Jamo has a good history and yet hasn’t been well represented in the UK. There’s a dealer selling the 97ii and it looks pretty decent. It’s a very competitive arena, here at least. Can you buy on a returnable basis where you live?

But if you have to buy blind…I hope you are fortunate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts