Which system, bang for buck and looks the part.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Well it is a bit of a mine field out there when it comes to electronics in today's world..... So I finally bought a Panasonic 42PX70 plasma and a DVD recorder to go with it, TV is brill no probs, the recorder went back to the shop, hated the whole recording operation, so I got Sky+ (break through in tele watching IMO) brilliant.

So i got the AIO Panasonic SCPT850EBK in replacement for the DVD Recorder, which i think it's a good system and all that, but...... what am i missing from a proper HC system? Is there really going to be a huge difference in sound quality from say £300 ish amp set up with £500 speakers to match?

I have a Pioneer DV696AVK DVD player and an Arcam Alpha 8 amp and AE109's in my sun lounge hooked up to a 32" Sony LCD, also a pair of Mission M71's not getting used.

So is it worth the swap or use what I've got?

I listen to lots of music through the tv and movies at weekends.

I would apprceiate any comments you may have, and as the titile says, bang for buck with classy image to go.(B&W MT20 vs Q Acoustics vs Mission etc)

There are lots more i could write, but i dont want to bore you with all my dribble, but i would like to hear from an expert who's listened to many set up's.

Thank you.

Steve

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, something like the Onkyo TX-SR505 with the Q Acou speakers and a DVD player like the Toshiba SD-370 will give you a much better all-round performance. Or you could even use the Tannoy FX5.1 or EFX 5.1 speakers, which are much less expensive,

A

Anonymous

Thanks for taking the time Andrew. Do you think it's worth spending that bit extra on the speaker system, ie the B&W MT series or is the extra cash for the MT's go on the looks only. As it's over £700 of a difference.

Living in Aberdeen, there's 2 places that you can trial and they think everyone's oil rich millionaires......

Which I'm not.....

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew, just so many choices out there, better start saving and wait a few months for that MT-30's cause I dont want to compromise again, and just get what i want. better start getting the days in offshore;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts