Which Sub?????

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone advise on which sub will go best? I have an old Yamaha DSP amp, a JBL Centre and am using Tannoy M2's as the front pair. Need a sub and dont want to spend much.

I get decent bass from the M2's (although i know the amp is sending the low bass to them). I see some work well with small front speakers, so are these still ok if you have bigger fronts?

Set up is in a meduim size bedroom.

If I can spend £150 or so that will be great.

Only use it for movies.

Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

The Wharfedale Diamond SW150 is about £195, it's suppose to be a very good little sub but there are a large variaty of subs available in the sub £200 class

A

Anonymous

Good recomendation from southfly the wharfedale is cracking sub for the money it might also be worth looking at the BK minotaur its basicaly the same sub as the MK1 MJ acustics pro50 that cost £300 new a couple of years ago, also the MS309 is a good sub if you can find one for the right money

http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/Minotaur.htm

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I agree with Gareth, the BK Minotaur and the Mordaunt Short 309 are the two that spring to mind.

I really like the MS one at that price point. Also handy that you can pick one up from Richer Sounds, and use their price match facility.

A

Anonymous

The Mordaunt-Short 309i is also a good sub and it will cost you about £225, I was trying to find something decent as close to you budget as possible.

Regarding the pairing, the sub is the one speaker that you can get away with not having the same manufacturer, on the front and centre speakers it's vital

A

Anonymous

SouthFly:

The Mordaunt-Short 309i is also a good sub and it will cost you about £225, I was trying to find something decent as close to you budget as possible.

Regarding the pairing, the sub is the one speaker that you can get away with not having the same manufacturer, on the front and centre speakers it's vital
I used to own this subwoofer last year but it brokedown 3 times already in less than a year of use. After returning it to Bluestream I finally decide to change brand and pay the extra cost. This sub sounds very good in movies but not adept on music. Also, I think it's not sturdy. IMO there is a factory fault on this model. I now have a MJ Acoustics Pro 50 MK2 subwoofer which i think is excellent for both movies and music.

A

Anonymous

Well there you go.

IF your cash strapped, the Warfedale Diamond SW150 won best sub in its class for 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007, take a read on the online review.

If you got some more cash, the MJ Acoustics Pro 50 MK2 got a 5 star review in 2006 will cost you around £295.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks to all. My question answered!
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS