Which streamer....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

the record spot said:
matthaskell said:
Xanderzdad said:
I think both of you have given me the info I need. As you say the Sneaky or even the Yamaha could possibly sound better than the MDAC but the MDAC with an AE gives more more flexibility as I can put other sources through the MDAC.

I already have a PC and NAS both capable of outputting via airplay, but the MDAC could also be used for radio from from Sky HD box or for playing a CD via my Bluray.

If the Bluray via MDAC sounds good enough I could then sell my (very much beloved) Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD.

Thanks as I now feel a little more confident about spending £600 on a DAC.

I would be interested in the idea of dropping the CDp if the bluray via dac was good enough , has anyone else followed this route? It would be a way of lowering an excessive box count.

Matt

Yes; have used a Sony BDP-S370 and Firestone Audio Spitfire II in the past and currently occasionally use my Panasonic BDT-110 into the Onkyo's DAC. Both give excellent results.

EDIT: Caveat - the Sony transport - as you'll have seen, is a tad 'clunky' in operation. Not the fastest and the remote handset doesn't allow for direct track access, you have to use the skip/next track option. Not a deal breaker for me, but not the slickest way to go about things - an oversight by Sony IMO.

Indeed it is clunky and I hadn't thought about the track selection.

not sure how much it would annoy me - I try to listen to albums from start to finish.

I do love the cd6003 though....

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre said:
Pioneer have just launched a product called the N-50 which does as the Marantz does but without the DAB. It has Airplay, USB, digi in and out. It is too early to call the sound quality - I only hooked it up last night - but what struck me was the build quality - feels like £1000 if not more.

The Linn Sneaky DS would be my choice for sound if you do not need the USB / DAC element.

Out of interest how does the Pioneer N-50 sound?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts