Which stands for Focal Aria 906 or MA Silver 2?

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
The Focal website proposes their own bespoke stand for the 906 http://www.focal.com/france/aria-900/449-aria-s-900-3544052820607.html

I have a pair of MA silver 2, and use Partington Super Dreadnaught stands. I think that the speakers/stands work well together, but i am planning to experiment with filling the columns with dry cat litter, to see if there is any improvement to the sound.

The Super Dreadnaughts are large and rather industrial looking, so may not be to everyones taste.

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello Expat,

What are youexperiences with the Silver 2? I think for my music a good choice. Will them compare with Focal Aria 906. How are the treble? I read HifiChoice and they said it is better than from the Focal.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
loneranger said:
Hello Expat,

What are youexperiences with the Silver 2? I think for my music a good choice. Will them compare with Focal Aria 906. How are the treble? I read HifiChoice and they said it is better than from the Focal.

Sorry that was a typo - they are MA Silver RX1 . I have found them very good, whether driven by my arcam solo neo, or my yamaha Aventage RX- 1010. On some tracks by Katie Melua, it is almost as if I can close my eyes, and she is singing in the room. I found that I did need to spend some time at first, experimenting with the speaker positions, and toe-in,.but this did yield a noticeable improvement in the sound. Only a few weeks ago, I pondered whether I needed to upgrade, and I concluded that the yamaha and MA were working well together, so no need to change anything.

Unfortunately I then started listening to David Gilmores Rattle that Lock, and The girl in the yellow dress, in particular, and began to feel that there was something missing when the upright bass was being played. So I browsed the winter sales, at first looking at subwoofers, but then noticing that the Focal 900 series were on offer at several dealers, at good prices (note the walnut finish only), so I ordered a pair of 936s plus the 900 centre speaker. Hopefully they will add that little extra to the bass. My initial plan is to use the focals as the front speakers, and the MAs as the rear speakers, in a 4.1 setup.

The Focals arrived today, so it is sadly too soon for me to be able to offer my thoughts about the comparison.

Hope this helps you a bit.

TRENDING THREADS