Which one ? Dali Fazon / KEF 3005SE / Tannoy Arena

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, There..

Am a newbie here & also new to Home Theatre. Am going to build my home theatre system, prefer with compact size.

I'll be using them most for HD Movies (80%) and the other 20% for Music (such as Il Divo, Josh Groban kinda music).

I'll set them up in my bedroom, 3.5 meter wide x 5 meter long.

Speakers Satelite

First is on speaker satelite selection, I have shortlisted to : Dali Fazon / KEF 3005SE / Tannoy Arena.

Which one is the best for my purpose ?

SubWoofer

B&W 610.

Will this subwoofer be good for the speakers above ? Or any recommendation within the same price range as B&W 610 ?

Receiver

My shortlisted receivers are : Yamaha 667 / Onkyo 608 / Denon 2311

Which of them will be the best to match above speakers & sub ?

Cable (HDMI, Speaker cable & Sub woofer cable)

Am really new to these. So, do I really need a good cables? Does it make any difference to the whole result ?

Actually am not really planning to spend much on these cables (non-brand cables)

Or could you please recommend on "Not expensive but considerably good" cables (HDMI cable, cable for speakers, and for Sub)

Appreciate so much for your inputs !!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Can't help on the sattelite speaker or amp choice I'm afraid as have only heard the KEFs but...

dukunmagic:

SubWoofer

B&W 610.

Will this subwoofer be good for the speakers above ? Or any recommendation within the same price range as B&W 610 ?

Great as the B&W ASW610 is, if you're not going to audition, I'd strongly recommend getting the sub that comes with a package that's been well reviewed together. The crossover between the satellite speakers and the subwoofer is fairly crucial since the sub produces virtually all the low end for these systems. So just throwing in a different sub from the one that comes with the package without listening could well lead to a bad integration between the two and unsatisfactory sound.

dukunmagic:
Cable (HDMI, Speaker cable & Sub woofer cable)

Am really new to these. So, do I really need a good cables? Does it make any difference to the whole result ?

Actually am not really planning to spend much on these cables (non-brand cables)

Or could you please recommend on "Not expensive but considerably good" cables (HDMI cable, cable for speakers, and for Sub)

ThatCable HDMI

QED X-TC or QED Micro speaker cable.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I have had the Arena for a couple of years and it's great. Much better than the 3005SE in demos for films and music.

Not sure about the Fazon, but you should be able to get the Arena for a fraction of its original price now and much cheaper than the Fazon.

I've found the Denon amps to be a nice match for the Arena, and i don't think you'd go wrong with the 2311, but depending on your tastes you might like the Onkyo or Yamaha amps.

I'd do some demoing of your shortlist.

A

Anonymous

Great !!

Thanks, Kinda !!

Will wait for your demo result... appreciate it very much..

Here, in Indonesia, I can't demo them in 1 place, and it's not like in the U.S where you guys can take home to try first and get them back if you don't like it...

For the Tannoy Arena, It's more expensive here than the Fazon. I wonder any online shopping in U.S that serve international shipping to Indonesia ?? Things are much cheaper there..

Thanks !!

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, didn't mean I myself would demo them all. Was suggesting you should, to be sure you're happy, but doesn't seem it's possible. I'd demo what you can, and try to hear the amps and speakers in the flesh even if you can't pair them together in one place.

The Denon is a more forward, solid sound, but still detailed. The Yamahas give a more natural sound, still detailed, but for me lak the impact and control of the Denon lower down, which particulalry for music I found made them less appealing than the Denons.

Heard a Yamaha 467 with Tannoy SFX 5.1 last night and for the price it sounded good all round.

Haven't heard an Onkyo for a long time but the newer ones supposed to be very good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts