Which new MP3 player

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
My venerable old creative zen nomad is suffering from ever decreasing battery life, so I am thinking about a new player. My spec is:

Important

Flash (32gb or more preferred, 16gb considered)

A user interface that deals well with 100's of albums. I don't ever look for or listen to individual tracks

Small - suitable for jogging and gardening (so no ipod touch)

Very good sound (obviously) and no volume limiting.

Accepts at least one lossless format

Good build quality

Nice to have

Radio

Surplus to requirements

Video,Camera,WiFi, games etc.I only need a music player (although I may get some of these things for free, I don't care about them)

Any recommendations?

Thank

Northutsire

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
The Cowon J3 has received some good reviews recently, including in the sound department. It's available in a maximum capacity of 16Gb but is expandable with MicroSD cards. There's more stuff about it here.

I don't have one (I currently use an Archos 605) but would put it on my shortlist if the Archos pegs it.

A

Anonymous

Take a look at the Sansa Clip.

Its tiny and comes with varying amounts of flash memor(2,4 or 8 gig i think) You can expand by using the micro sd card slot. Comes with a radio and voice recorder. Sound is first class(upgrade the heaphones)

available for £42 at amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Sansa-Player-Expandable-MicroSD/dp/B002NX0ME6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275294877&sr=8-1

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks everyone. The Cowon looks interesting, if perhaps a little big. Any chance of a review of the j3 in the magazine?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts