Which Music Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Having finally moved from a five year old Samsung Galaxy SII to the current S7, I am wondering whether the top of the tree music player app of choice then (PowerAmp) is still going to cut it?

My needs are simple: To reproduce music well (SD card & phone memory stored Flac & Mp3 files only), with a straightforward easy to use interface that displays album covers.

No adverts; no nagging to upgrade to streamed/internet music service

I don't mind spending a few £'s outright (no monthy fee); it doesn't need to be free, just very good quality music reproduction. I've had a look inthe app store and there are loads of alternatives many with good reviews, but what are you using?

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I've used the N7 music player for a number of years now, very reliable and frequently updated. Worth a free trial to see if it suits.

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi Xanderzdad,

I started using google play before my very old version of PowerAmp was updated and do like the layout; it was the "upgrade" requests that put me off. It is good news that they become less of an issue if you just say NO.

Hi Feral,

n7 looks pretty good and is a bit differant from the norm. Looking at the recent reviews on the app store it seems that the new version 3 is possibly a little bit less than perfect at the moment. It does appeal to me and is something I will look at again in a few months after it has matured a bit.

So, I think I will use google play for a while and see if the nagging quietens down, and then have a closer look and try the n7 player in the future.

Thanks for your replies.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I checked the reviews but it has been fine for me and i manage my own album art using blisshq and eac before transferring to the phone.

As it is free to try why not install anyway and see for yourself, it sits along side the android player without issue.

As someone else states in the reviews section, subscribe to the beta version as a lot of the issues are resolved there and quickly.

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
It's tempting Feral, but I think I'll leave it a while, something to look forward to. I'm not in a big hurry and can take my time.

I wonder, n7 - North London postal district or Mass Effect gamers?

iandb1970

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I use VLC and have now added a Cyrus Soundkey and the sound quality is exceptional. I read in another thread somewhere that the Samsung S7 does not have digital output - it does and is OTG compatible and external DACs come with the correct cables

Reactions: Liam
The best solution is bolt on iphone. You can download not only music but any video that exists on the internet. You just have to open video and you will be asked to download it on your iphone for offline using. Pretty stable and working app. You can get all the videos music etc from youtube in HD for absolutely free. On android you can use spotify or pandora.
Here is pandora link you can download and use if you like it works great for me, I've been using for 3 years. get pandora music app Hope it helps:
This thread is years old, see Forum Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS