May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm hesitating between two models of jumper cables for my speakers (B&W 683):

- Chord Signature jumpers

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/chord-signature-jumper-cables-2-pairs-p-1662.html

- Premium 8-core silver jumper set:

http://www.tm3connections.com/displayproduct.php?product_id=36&category_id=48

If you have any advices regarding these items (or others from the same price range) that'd be great :)

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Personally speaking id say neither

I dont like QED cable as it tends to be hard and bright so id recommend dumping that and try Van Damme UP LC-OFC cables in place (less grain that standard OFC and to my ears sounds far better than QED - not to mention far cheaper)

B&W speakers tend to sound better biwired (though I cant guarantee this so its entirely upto you)

If you single wire id recommend whatever you use for your main speaker cable as jumpers (So van damme if you go down that route)

Putting different jumpers on can cause slight frequency missmatches which is why id recommend NOT using other jumpers (Although any jumpers will almost certainly be better than the standard bars that come with speakers)

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I used to have Chord Odyssey speaker cables bi-wired for my MA RX1 speakers but now I am using Van Damme UP LC-OFC cables (not bi-wired) and replaced the solid copper connection plates with Van Damme jumper cables. The bass is more tight and the overall sound is warmer than using Chord cables.

SDIESEL77

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hey Alienrick,

Thanks for the answer, actually this week I'm replacing my QED cables by a pair of Chord Epic Twin
smiley-laughing.gif

This is why I need jumpers
smiley-sealed.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
SDIESEL77 said:
Hey Alienrick,

Thanks for the answer, actually this week I'm replacing my QED cables by a pair of Chord Epic Twin
smiley-laughing.gif

This is why I need jumpers
smiley-sealed.gif

My advice still stands (although it probably works out more cost?), you really should use the epic as jumpers

TRENDING THREADS