Which Is The Best TV You Have Seen In Action?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

For me it would be the Panasonic 50GT50 and the Pioneer LX5090. I also had a demo of the Pioneer 600a. I would have to rate them very similar. Still not seen the Panasonic VT series. How about you, what are the best TVs you have seen?

Cheers

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
The one I have now.

My personal philosophy is that I don't want to go viewing/listening to things I can't afford as that would just lead (for me) a sense of disappointment with what i currently have.

By all accounts the Panasonic 50 series is a worthwhile improvement over the 30, but I paid a very nice price of £700 for my end-of-line 42GT30 and I absolutely love it! If, however, I'd waited until the 50's had come out just to compare the two, and I'd decided that the new range was better and ended up buying my current TV - which I would have had to have done price wise - then I would be sitting here viewing with a sense of loss.

Hope that's not put too much of a downer on your post!

D

Deleted member 2457

Sizzers said:
The one I have now.

My personal philosophy is that I don't want to go viewing/listening to things I can't afford as that would just lead (for me) a sense of disappointment with what i currently have.

By all accounts the Panasonic 50 series is a worthwhile improvement over the 30, but I paid a very nice price of £700 for my end-of-line 42GT30 and I absolutely love it! If, however, I'd waited until the 50's had come out just to compare the two, and I'd decided that the new range was better and ended up buying my current TV - which I would have had to have done price wise - then I would be sitting here viewing with a sense of loss.

Hope that's not put too much of a downer on your post!

Nope that is a really good reply - cheers!

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
How would you say your Panny compares to the Kuro?

I'm aware of the "legend" that the Kuro is (not that I've ever seen one), and I'm also aware that the top Pioneer boffs went over to Panasonic. Thoughts please!

D

Deleted member 2457

Sizzers said:
How would you say your Panny compares to the Kuro?

I'm aware of the "legend" that the Kuro is (not that I've ever seen one), and I'm also aware that the top Pioneer boffs went over to Panasonic. Thoughts please!

Hi

I would give normal TV to the Pioneer and Blu-ray to the Panasonic. The rest I would rate as pretty even.

A

Anonymous

My own tv. Delighted with everything about it. Blacks are very black and colours are nice and vibrant but not fake. Motion handling is spot on. I wouldn't swap it for any other tv.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i guess most people are going to be biased towards their own set, i have a calibrated 42VT30 and wouldnt change it for the world.. the only issues i have with it are a) that it aint bigger :) and b) it doesnt perform well if there is a lot of light in the room, but at night time or with the curtains drawn its mesmerizing.... one of my favourite scenes to watch on it is in the Dark Knight, where Batman is interrogating the joker.. the lighting in the scene is amazing.. the scene where you can just see the jokers face on screen and everything else is black.. its awesome scene..

i havent seen the VT50's but id imagine they are better. My hope would be to see out the 5 year warranty i have on my vt30 and then look at a bigger screen, try to hopefully squeeze in a 50"

i havent seen the phillips moth eye sets - they are meant to be great, or the new sony's from this year which are meant to pretty much match plasma for black level.. a heck of an achievement for an LCD screen

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers for the responses! Panasonic is definitely on a good run.

Cheers.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
This year's Bristol Sound & Vision had, obviously, all the latest TVs, which were being demo'd in optimum(ish) surroundings with manufacturer-approved tweaks/set-ups. And considering all of the latest tech's bells 'n' whistles, IMVHO the stand-out was an 'old' Kuro 50in in Pioneer's suite: sweetest colours, sharpest image, smoothest/blur-free motion, deepest blacks.

Panasonics may well get glowing 5-star reviews and - cough - awards, but year after year this forum, and others, always seems to have a new thread-of-woe re the latest Panasonic gremlin/bug/design fault: fading blacks, motion issues, thin green lines, green blobs etc, etc.

Just sayin' :shifty:

D

Deleted member 2457

6th.replicant said:
This year's Bristol Sound & Vision had, obviously, all the latest TVs, which were being demo'd in optimum(ish) surroundings with manufacturer-approved tweaks/set-ups. And considering all of the latest tech's bells 'n' whistles, IMVHO the stand-out was an 'old' Kuro 50in in Pioneer's suite: sweetest colours, sharpest image, smoothest/blur-free motion, deepest blacks.

Panasonics may well get glowing 5-star reviews and - cough - awards, but year after year this forum, and others, always seems to have a new thread-of-woe re the latest Panasonic gremlin/bug/design fault: fading blacks, motion issues, thin green lines, green blobs etc, etc.

Just sayin' :shifty:

True - although this year has passed by relatively quietly.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

In action, the 50GT50. Would love to see the 65VT50 or KRP600 in action though.

Still love my LX508D, though getting concerned by the increasing number of faulty Kuro threads on here.
pray.gif

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Best TV I've ever seen was my old set: a Sony 55A2000 rear-pro. Wouldn't have swapped it but it went on the blink. I preferred it to anything that was on the market at the time, including the Pioneer plasmas.

Of sets that can currently be bought, I'd have a Sony 853. Looking forward to the 953 if/when it comes out.

A

Anonymous

hi

question for micks address

would love to know if you thought it was money well spent getting your vt30 calibrated??

i have a 50vt30 that im considering paying 250quid for calibration, i feel at moment that "normal" setting is a lot better than it was when purchased 6 months ago, then thx at night time

thanks

j

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
While it is not really a realistic domestic purchase (unless you are absolutely loaded) , I demoed the Dolby Professional monitor which has almost instantly become the 'industry standard' , only just now replacing high end Pro HD CRT's

It is basically a 42" LCD with a full array RGB LED backlight. At over a foot deep and 150lbs it would seem like a step backwards, but it's interesting to realise that is effectively what is required to achive the optimal PQ despite the whole world and his dog striving for ever thinner panels.

The stunning image quality show what can be achived today when money is no object.

Unfortunately to the masses, it generally is.

(FYI they are about £30000)

bobshek

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Notice that most of the "best" televisions people have seen and rave about are plasmas.....

Just something I wanted to point out.

65VT50 is a stunning tv and I may end up getting the 55 version, but I still believe the KRP600 is still just ahead. Tis a shame Pioneer left the market as I would still pay a premium to own one.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
The best proformance I've ever seen from a TV is that of Paanasonic 65VX300. Although technically not a TV as this has no inbuilt tuner this PDP bar far outproforms anyother display I've ever seen. Being a part of Panasonics Pro range it does not have to comply with power usage regulations and IMHO this makes one heck of a differance as this PDP goes much brighter than the domestic VT50 series and the Black level is amazing with brilliant shadow detail, You have to see on in action!

D

Deleted member 2457

D.J.KRIME said:
The best proformance I've ever seen from a TV is that of Paanasonic 65VX300. Although technically not a TV as this has no inbuilt tuner this PDP bar far outproforms anyother display I've ever seen. Being a part of Panasonics Pro range it does not have to comply with power usage regulations and IMHO this makes one heck of a differance as this PDP goes much brighter than the domestic VT50 series and the Black level is amazing with brilliant shadow detail, You have to see on in action!

Sounds good. 8)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts