which gives the best 2d and 3d picture quality: A TV or Projector.

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
hi,

thinking of putting together either a tv or projector cinema system but after seeing the picture quality of this year sony (
SONY BRAVIA KDL47W805 Smart 3D 47" LED TV) in a shop I was amazed so not sure if to buy a tv or a projector.
Projector am thinking of buy is epson tw5910 or benq w1070.

So in term of picture quality (colour, blacks, sharpness etc ) which gives the best picture quality tv or projector.

Also between dlp or lcd projector which gives the best picture quality.

thanks.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I use them for different purposes.

43" plasma TV for general watching.

2m wide projection screen for feature films, especially blu-ray (only in 2d as I don't like the gimmickry and glasses of 3d). Much Better than going to the cinema!

Projectors differ as much as tvs, some giving sharper images and some more "cinematic", if that's the right expression.

My Sony veers towards the softer cinematic and the viewing is very easy - not tiring. But personal preference is most important.

You need to try different setups and see what is best for you?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I think projectors are a bit rubbish.

I have yet to see one that comes close to a tv - even in a pitch black room - with the latest LCD/LED technology making modern tv's alot better in terms of picture quality In your shoes I'd go for the biggest tv screen I could afford.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am a Panasonic plasma TV man!
smiley-smile.gif

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
I agree with Dandy, and when I can, I'll have a projector for bluray movies and tv's for the rest.....just need to wait until I redecorate so I can hide it all....

if you can only use one room, and need to use for multi purpose viewing, it has to be a tv, if movies only, projector has to be better...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts