Which 4K ultra HD or Blu Ray DVDs have DTS X on?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
DTS:X without height speakers will not sound effective. If you're adding extra speakers, you need to plan properly and include support for Atmos as well.

Post some pictures of your room and current speaker placements. Then we can help you with suggestions.
I don't think I will bother Atmos without not being able to get my speakers anymore. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
bigboss said:
You were just considering buying extra speakers!

Not a problem: the amp will be going back before the end of the week, anyway.
How do you solve a problem like Norman?

D

Deleted member 2457

Got Independence Day on 4K Blu Ray with DTS X soundtrack. Bought Deadpool too. District 9 and Terminator Genesis. Got a couple of Dolby Atmos ones too, I am still going to try it for 5.1 and see what it sounds like. *dirol*

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:

Let me guess: you send it back, buy a different one, send that back, buy a third one, then send that back and buy the one you first thought of all over again. And yet somehow you're still not happy, which you share with the room.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:

Let me guess: you send it back, buy a different one, send that back, buy a third one, then send that back and buy the one you first thought of all over again. And yet somehow you're still not happy, which you share with the room.
Ah I see, yes I see.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
Got Independence Day on 4K Blu Ray with DTS X soundtrack. Bought Deadpool too. District 9 and Terminator Genesis. Got a couple of Dolby Atmos ones too, I am still going to try it for 5.1 and see what it sounds like. *dirol*

Sure. Go and see. You dont have a dts x configuration or atmos so when playing atmos material it will just revert to truehd..

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
Got Independence Day on 4K Blu Ray with DTS X soundtrack.  Bought Deadpool too.  District 9 and Terminator Genesis.  Got a couple of Dolby Atmos ones too, I am still going to try it for 5.1 and see what it sounds like.  *dirol*

Sure. Go and see. You dont have a dts x configuration or atmos so when playing atmos material it will just revert to truehd..
Technically, you can get DTS:X with just 5.1 speakers.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how it's done but I get simulated / constructed 7.2.4 Atmos off my 7 channel Atmos GoT Blu-Rays just fine.

And the blast off segment from The Martian is, erm, a blast in Atmos too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts