Which 3d hdtv would you pick Clare Newsome

A

Anonymous

all comes down to size and budget

state those and u may get somewhere

failing that go read the 3d super test in dec edition (i think)

or even better wait until april for all the new 3d tvs

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
lcm1981:
With all the 3d tvs out at the moment which one would you pick?

Personally? None - i haven't had a TV in my house since 2004; I project
emotion-2.gif

But I am interested in the new breed of 3D projectors- some of the 3D content (sport/live-event stuff) definitely appeals to me.

Anyhow, back to TVs - as said above, it'd totally depend on the room size, usage and budget involved.

If you don't have to buy today, i'd wait until the 2011 3D sets come to market - all the manufacturers are claiming gains for this year's sets, which would be logical improvement for second-generation technology.

Tell us your size/budget/deadline for buying and we can name some options for you to try.

A

Anonymous

lcm1981:
With all the 3d tvs out at the moment which one would you pick?

From experience I think 3D is easier to watch on plasmas (Panasonic 50VT20). I've an 46HX903 and the 3D is good but I still think a well presented film will look better in 2D. There is a much greater sence off shape and depth in my setup, when watching blu rays or HDTV in 2D.

We all keep saying 3D as if the effect we are watching is 3D. In fact it's not. If it was 3D, you'd be able to move you viewing position slightly and see around objects, like in holograms. What were getting is the twin parallax effect. So not true 3D anyway. I'm still not convinced 3D is here to stay. Several of my friends have Sky 3D to watch football and all are considering cancelling their subscription to it as they all find it impossible to watch an entire match without side effects and blurry eyes.

A

Anonymous

had a demo today of a panasonic and sammy 3d sets and must say that i am not impressed with 3d, HD all the way for me.

A

Anonymous

Ok i am after a 50 inch 3d full hd tv.

My budget is £1250

I have been looking at getting the LG50PX990 seems to have some good reviews.

I have a Sony 40kdl-w4000 so looking to beat that with better 2d picture.

A

Anonymous

Jase Brown:

Several of my friends have Sky 3D to watch football and all are considering cancelling their subscription to it as they all find it impossible to watch an entire match without side effects and blurry eyes.

When I had my (two) 50VT20, I also found I couldn't watch a full match in 3D on Sky. I would strongly suggest to anyone contemplating buying a 3D TV that they have an extended demo ie. 30mins+ of watching 3D content both on Sky & Blu ray.

A

Anonymous

I have managed easily to watch 2 football games and clash of the titans without taking the glasses off once. I do wear glass though (well contact lenses most of the time) so I'm used to sensation of being sat with glasses on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts