Which £200 - £300 speakers

cisamcgu

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello again,

I am still mightily confused, but have decided to concentrate on one thing at a time - so it is speakers :).

My room is 4.5m x 5.5m with quite high ceilings (3.5m probably) - what standmount speakers could be considered ?

Dali Zensor

Monitor Audio Bronze

Wharfdale 10.?

Tannoy ?

I would prefer to be able to place them close (6") to a wall at the back and also next to a chimney stack

what would people consider the best option

Cheers and thanks in advance

Andrew

T

the record spot

Or just a big standmount speaker that has a decent drive unit and plenty of box. Cambridge Aero 2 would be on my list. It's only a problem if you want or need to fill the volume with sound. I expect most people probably wouldn't. Depends where the listener will be sitting in relation to the speakers/stereo. Smaller speakers can work, but it's all relative to the room arrangement.

BREEKO1963

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I am no expert and have only auditioned 3 sets of speakers but the most important factor was easily the type of music listened to. I compared lektor 1 and 2 with wharfedale diamond 10.1 and if listening to orchestral or similar music then the 10.1's with their more spacious sound would have suited more. The lektors on the other hand delivered vocals in a more expressive and exciting way and as I listen to more pop based music and vocalists then there was no way I could even consider the diamonds. I was surprised at how similar priced speakers had such different presentation.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I know they're slightly above budget, but the B&W 686 S2 and Q Acoustics Concept 20 are worthwhile auditioning, as these will give you a step up into the next quality bracket in performance for not much more outlay.

But, if you want to really stick within your stated budget, you can pick up the discontinued Monitor Audio RX1s, although finishes may well be limited by now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts