Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have

Nad 352 Amp

Nad 542 CD

Acoustic Energy Aelite 2 speakers

Van den Hul The name interconnect

Chord Carnival speaker wire

Would £600 spent on a new amp, cd or speakers give me an improvement.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I would go for a change in source. The new Marantz,Audiolab or an Exposure 2010 would sound great in your system.

If I was you I would save some more money(about a grand) and change both amp and cd player at the same time as this would make a significant change in your setup. I would definately take a look at the Exposure setup or how about this lovely setup http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3067

The exposure would get my vote as I personally have heard it and it is a delight to listen to and would be a more lively sounding combo than the setup you currently have. Your speakers are definately capable of better electronics than the ones you have. Keep speakers for time being and invest in a better amp/cd.

Your cables/interconnects are more than adequate so no need to worry about them IMHO.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
This is a hard one, I would keep the speakers and change electronic but which one?

Many Budget cdp sound so similar to me, they will change a sound of your system rather than upgrade, as for amp I think 80 watts is meaty enough to drive most speakers in this price point. If you willing to go 2nd hand route then it would be easier!

A

Anonymous

Although I know my money would go a lot further buying second hand I am reluctant to take the risk. I agree that this is alos a difficult question to ask but I thought there may be someone on here who had a similar set up to me that had managed to find a quick fix. I think I may save hard for a few months and see what there is about for £1000-1500.

Thanks for both of your replies it is always good to get another opinion.

TRENDING THREADS