Where next for speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have a pair of kef Q30's that I am getting rid of along with a kef/yamaha surround setup and want to focus on my hifi setup. I have a Marantz CD6002 which I love and a PM47 (which has just blown a fuse) I want to replace, probably with the PM6002 or a Rotel (audition needed - although I am swayed by Marantz's remote). What would anyone recommend for audition candidates for new fronts for such a system. MA BR2s? B&W 685s? or maybe floorstanders, within a similar price range (sub £400)? I listen to all sorts of music and mainly listen from a technical viewpoint. Thanks

A

Anonymous

I'm an audio engineer, so like to listen to the way an album has been created/produced.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="mattmorton"]I listen to all sorts of music and mainly listen from a technical viewpoint.[/quote]

What do you mean?[/quote]

That's a technical question :)

John Duncan

You will shortly afterwards want to replace your amp (but your CD player's fine). On the same basis, I'd look at (in ascending price order) Rotel, Cyrus, Creek, Musical Fidelity, Primare. This is in particular response to your 'accuracy' requirement, as other may give you a more musical feel.

My MF pair (CD/Amp) had the most "master tape-y" sound to them of anything I've owned - I actually remember thinking "that's an SM58!" with one live album - whereas my Creek/PMC system is a little more musical, but still very transparent. This is with a Cambridge 640c.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mattmorton"]I'm an audio engineer, so like to listen to the way an album has been created/produced.[/quote]

ATC or AVI but you need a better amp to make the most of them

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

Thanks for you invaluable opinions. Think I am going to investigate the ATCs further. We have some pro ATC's in the studio which sound amazing, although I feel a little bass lacking. Checking out a pair from the domestic series would be a good start for me I think.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts