Where Do We List Possible Errors?

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I have 2 possible errors on the Web Site,

Following on a discussion about the Alessandro MS1 which is based on a grado SR60, it looks like there may be a mistake on the specs on the forum about weather it is a closed or open headphone, a fairly critical aspect for some people - http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/281433.aspx

Plus I have already started a thread in Accessories but had no response what is the correct Star Rating for the Icon Aero HI-FI Stand Please - http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/280973.aspx

Is this the correct area to point out information issues.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Here's just fine: passed to our Master of the Data...

Thank you.

Have you had any experience with the Aero Rack Andrew? am still looking at this as a possible buy.

A

Anonymous

Hi Paul, thanks for the input.

With regards to the Grado SR60i, - you're right - they're actually open-backed. The specs supplied for the Buyer's Guide were incorrect, and after some pummelling this morning, and the judicious use of thumbscrews, the original reviewer has corrected this. The next issue will see the right spec in print.

The Aero rack is four, not three stars. Again, apologies. My fault this time, and I shall go and get my hair shirt after finishing this.

In this case 'drive', in the UG review of the Aero isn't related to depth, which I suspect is how you've interpreted it to mean. In that review, 'drive' meant pace, which ties in neatly with the Aero's performance, as it is a fast-sounding rack. It's also a touch lean, hence it's ideal for those who want a lighter sound. It did drop a star in between the two reviews appearing in print, but then, it's not unusual for products to change star ratings accordingly.ÿ

Hope that all helps...

ÿÿ

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Chris Gilson:

Hi Paul, thanks for the input.

With regards to the Grado SR60i, - you're right - they're actually open-backed. The specs supplied for the Buyer's Guide were incorrect, and after some pummelling this morning, and the judicious use of thumbscrews, the original reviewer has corrected this. The next issue will see the right spec in print.

The Aero rack is four, not three stars. Again, apologies. My fault this time, and I shall go and get my hair shirt after finishing this.

In this case 'drive', in the UG review of the Aero isn't related to depth, which I suspect is how you've interpreted it to mean. In that review, 'drive' meant pace, which ties in neatly with the Aero's performance, as it is a fast-sounding rack. It's also a touch lean, hence it's ideal for those who want a lighter sound. It did drop a star in between the two reviews appearing in print, but then, it's not unusual for products to change star ratings accordingly.

Hope that all helps...

Thank you for the Conformation about the Grados, did not like to say for sure there was an error as I have the Alesandros not the Grado but I was under the impression there is not difference.

With respect to the Rack Again thank you for the conformation, four stars sounds OK and I can easily understand a star difference given that I am looking at 30% less than you advertised also possibly a good deal. I am listening a lot to Acoustic/Vocal/Jazz and in all honesty massive bass depth is of no interest to me, I get pleasure from the presentation and detail of a recording rather than dynamics. I am playing with interconnects at the moment and have borrowed some very good silver RA's theas have brought out more detail but have made it too sharp or forward if that makes sense, I can not listen if I have a hint of a headache as it is too much, long story short, I need to try different interconnects to try and get a middle road detail but less top end, would you suggest I get the rack first before finalising my interconnect decision, is the rack likely to affect any of the aspects I have mentioned?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts