Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
on CD?

not MP3!

images

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I did have a look for you but unfortunately i didn't find anything, i searched for quite a long time however "forever bound" got me listening to "forever people" by the shamen, which i'm now listening to, sorry.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
atticus said:
jaxwired said:
Man, that sux! Great music, well recorded, only available at low res. I knew this was coming. :cry:

Low res?! How so?

Ummm...mp3...perhaps you've heard of it? It's compressed my friend. Here's what compression does, it just deletes part of the data. Gone, deleted. No recovering it ever. A MP3 at 128 kbs has deleted 9 out of every 10 bytes of data. Trying reading a book using only every 10th word.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
atticus said:
jaxwired said:
Man, that sux! Great music, well recorded, only available at low res. I knew this was coming. :cry:

Low res?! How so?

Ummm...mp3...perhaps you've heard of it? It's compressed my friend. Here's what compression does, it just deletes part of the data. Gone, deleted. No recovering it ever. A MP3 at 128 kbs has deleted 9 out of every 10 bytes of data. Trying reading a book using only every 10th word.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Alec said:
But really, did you check? I'm deeply concerned.

Yes, they told me they would burn directly from the original master. They are also sending me a DVD copy with a 24 bit / 192 version. AND, I didn't tell you the best part, they are delivering it personally and will play a small concert in my living room while here. :roll:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Moving away from the squabbling, I had a similar experience a few years back with the eponymous album by One Eskimo. Had seen them on some very late night Channel 4 thing, went to see them live (the least well attended gig I've been to at about 15 but also one of the best) but no CD for months and months and months. I assume, like One Eskimo, this band will wait to see whether it is worth the investment of manufacturing and distributing physical media.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
simonlewis said:
I did have a look for you but unfortunately i didn't find anything, i searched for quite a long time however "forever bound" got me listening to "forever people" by the shamen, which i'm now listening to, sorry.

Have you heard boss drum-shamen? :dance:

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
jaxwired said:
Gotta love the internet! The band themselves are sending me a copy on CD. Cool...

Brilliant! :dance: :rockout:

I bet you are really pleased , and I hope they all sign it for you too .

Good luck to you . Enjoy it . :)

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
GSB said:
simonlewis said:

Have you heard boss drum-shamen? :dance:

Yes look here on page 669 of what you are listening to, scrol down a bit.http://www.whathifi.com/forum/this-week-i-have-mostly-been-listening-to-watching/what-are-you-listening-to?page=668

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts