Where can I buy spikes?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I would like to adapt an Ikea 'Lack' table for my new turntable by putting levelling carpet piercing spikes in the bottom of the table legs.

I naturally went to the Target Hifi website to order their spike kit (spikes, nuts, bushings and drill bit)...

ikea.jpg

PointeTarget.jpg

..BUT, Target no longer list them as a product. Waaaah!

OK someone out there is making and selling this stuff, but who?

You know don't you? Please tell me.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Chebby, I'd go for the 10mm version personally. They'll give the inserts a larger surface area to grip the inside of the hole in the leg. You might want to look at using an epoxy resin in the hole you drill to help the insert adhere, the centre of chipboard usually has the loosest structure.
nice find!
hth

A

Anonymous

theres a guy on ebay who makes the spikes.. but use the hilti construction threaded inserts that are used to hold threaded bar into concrete roofs ,,they do not need gluing as the insert splays out when you tightn the spike right in .then you unscrew the spike to get the leveling you require .. the hilti type fitting will also fit either dead flush with the wood for a neater fit .. you can get them from 4mm to 16mm ..think i have 8 ,10, 12mm if you would like some,,

TRENDING THREADS