Where are you supposed to buy a new battery if the Samsung k8500 4K blu Ray player remote control battery runs out?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Coin batteries are available everywhere.
Cheers BB! Never used a coin battery before!
regular_smile.gif
Just setting it up and wanted to check. Get this it's from John Lewis and ordered online and yet it says if you brake the sealed packet you can't return it! What is going on? Said the same on the Samsung phone too.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:
Get this it's from John Lewis and ordered online and yet it says if you brake the sealed packet you can't return it! What is going on?

That's fairly usual with batteries, isn't it?
No, not the battery the Blu Ray player itself.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Gel,it was Samsung that put the Label in the Box not John Lewis so ignore it.With regards the Remote Battery even my local Newsagents keep them. They are Lithium C 3 Coin rather than alkaline AA OR AAA standard Batteries.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
gel said:
says if you brake the sealed packet you can't return it! What is going on? Said the same on the Samsung phone too.

Quite right IMO. I fully support consumer rights and I have used them on an occasion to get a faulty DAC replaced that was three days out of its 1-yr warranty, but some people think the distant selling regs exist just so they can exchange or return different products backwards and forwards an unlimited number of times just because they maybe changed their minds or oh dear it clashes with the curtains...it's nothing but a pisstake. Along with trying to make genuine customers happy the poor retailers are expected to deal with all that **** with a smile on their face.

D

Deleted member 2457

RodhasGibson said:
Gel,it was Samsung that put the Label in the Box not John Lewis so ignore it.With regards the Remote Battery even my local Newsagents keep them. They are Lithium C 3 Coin rather than alkaline AA OR AAA standard Batteries.
Ah cheers buddy! I was wondering what was going on, didn't really bother me or anything just didn't think they had changed their terms.

F

FunkyMonkey

MajorFubar said:
gel said:
says if you brake the sealed packet you can't return it!  What is going on?  Said the same on the Samsung phone too.  

Quite right IMO. I fully support consumer rights and I have used them on an occasion to get a faulty DAC replaced that was three days out of its 1-yr warranty, but some people think the distant selling regs exist just so they can exchange or return different products backwards and forwards an unlimited number of times just because they maybe changed their minds or oh dear it clashes with the curtains...it's nothing but a pisstake. Along with trying to make genuine customers happy the poor retailers are expected to deal with all that **** with a smile on their face.
Go and have a lie down. Wtf this got to do with anything? Plus that's precisely why distance regulations exist. So you can see something before buying and unless the company says so, you must return in saleable condition at your own expense.

TRENDING THREADS