when it all just clicks into place

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Recently bought myself a new amp, cd player and speakers, and though i liked them, i didn't love them.

Until now.

Just got home (yes it's late) and put NIN - Hesetation Marks cd on - very loud. Amazing.

What a fantastic piece of kit i'm starting to think. Maybe at lower volume levels i'm not hearing any benefits to my previous kit (and to be honest i was disappointed in my return for what i'd spent) but cranking it up - bloody fantastic. If only i had an empty house more often to be able to blast my music and appreciate my new system.

Louder usually sounds more impressive, and late at night the mains is cleaner too, so you may be getting better results because of that. Good to know it is sounding as you had wanted!

I always reckon if a system sounds good on even one CD or record it must have that potential. But the ones to live with do the best with everything!

Audiofilo

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
nopiano said:
.....and late at night the mains is cleaner too, so you may be getting better results because of that.

That's the best laugh I've had in ages! Do the cables relax and give a better sound at night too?
smiley-laughing.gif

>) a
Audiofilo said:
nopiano said:
.....and late at night the mains is cleaner too, so you may be getting better results because of that.

Do the cables relax and give a better sound at night too?
smiley-laughing.gif

...that would be silly...but there is definitely cleaner mains at night. But whether it affects your system, or you can hear a difference I cannot say...

You wil probably think they have an axe to grind, but a quick bit of googlage turned up this explanation.

http://www.james-audio-sales.co.uk/index_mainsnoiseexplained.htm

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Yup, slow burning set-ups are often the best.

How long have you had your current kit?

Not sure it was the 'burn in' time which has made the difference as i bought my Roksans second hand (i've had them 6 months but not sure of ther age before i purchased them) and my speakers were shop ex-demos. I think it was purely down to the fact that i had the house to myself, mixed in with some alcohol, and was able to play at a volume i don't normally get to.

MajorFubar said:
Presumably you are also lucky enough to live in a detached house.

Yes, detached house, so the volume and the after midnight time didn't annoy the neighbours - though they may still have been able to hear it.

From the cd's i found scattered this morning it would appear i had quite a random mix of :-

Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd, Nora Jones, The Prodigy, Tool and Marillion.

stevee1966 said:
plastic penguin said:
Yup, slow burning set-ups are often the best.

How long have you had your current kit?

Not sure it was the 'burn in' time which has made the difference as i bought my Roksans second hand (i've had them 6 months but not sure of ther age before i purchased them) and my speakers were shop ex-demos. I think it was purely down to the fact that i had the house to myself, mixed in with some alcohol, and was able to play at a volume i don't normally get to.

MajorFubar said:
Presumably you are also lucky enough to live in a detached house.

Yes, detached house, so the volume and the after midnight time didn't annoy the neighbours - though they may still have been able to hear it.

From the cd's i found scattered this morning it would appear i had quite a random mix of :-

Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd, Nora Jones, The Prodigy, Tool and Marillion.

I think all this burn-in stuff is complete nonsense, but I do believe it takes a while to adapt to a different system/sound.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
My separates system sounds very nice at all volume levels but it is at its best when the volume is cranked up. I live alone and the walls between me and the neighbours are very thick so when I do crank the volume up I never get complaints. I hope you get more alone time in the future to enjoy your system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts