whats the best size screen for me?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
although my viewing distance would suggest A 46 or 50 inch i'm not so sure as i will watch a lot of sd so do i buy a 42 full hd as there will be some hd content (bluray) or throw caution to the wind and buy the big 50. what about "upscaling" is this better done by the tv or a seperate amp,my sony 820 doesn't upscale and as sky+ doesn't have hdmi how does the amp upscale sky+ pictures. I'm so confused my brain hurts

nads

well a lot does depend on what screens you are actually looking at.

If it is a Pio. then the 50 would be a no brainer.

emotion-2.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
The Pioneer is an ok up-scaler but don't expect miracles on a 50" screen. Watchable is about the best compliment I can make though its as good as most others. Excells with BR and SKY HD 1080i material though. Philips new RGB/LED LCD's are also phenomenal imo but expensive for 42". Better upscaled SD pictures than the Kuro but thats probably also partly due to the smaller size.

If you have a tighter budget and watch a lot of non-HD stuff I'd personally save my dosh and go for a good HD-ready set that accepts 1080p/24f signals or you could consider Toshiba's newly launched series of LCD's which use their proprietary upscaling circuitry, similar to the one used in their excellent XDE-500 DVD upscaler which I have. To say it makes a difference is an understatement and if it is anything as good, those sets should make SD viewing a pleasure compared to the competition. These sets go up to 46" I believe and are full HD/1090p panels. Some tests elsewhere praised them highly.

I've mentioned this a few times though as usual on this forum, people are
rarely interested in brands other than the usual suspects.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts