What's the 2020 way to go to use alexa through ceiling speakers

Cibernox

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I'm building a new home and it will have a fair amount of smart home stuff that will be voice controlled, so I plan to have one amazon echo dot on each room speaking through the ceiling speakers.

I don't need (although it would be nice) to stream music across zones, so I was planning to have one amp in the living room and another in the kitchen, both connected to a pair of stereo speakers.

On the living room the amp will be on a shelf, so no peoblem. But on the kitchen I don't have a good spot for it and I planned on having it inside the ceiling and never ever touch it, paired via Bluetooth with the echo device.

But if I do that, how will I be able to control the volume? Are bt amps capable of changing the volume based on commands from the source or will it have to have the amp at high volume all the time and make the source emit at a lower volume to fake it? Would it be better to mount a volume knot in the wall? Perhaps a bt amp with a remote?

Also, I don't want to spend a ton of money, perhaps 350$ on a pair of speakers and the Bluetooth amp. What setup (amp/speakers) would you recommend?

Thank you for your wisdom.

Cibernox

May 9, 2020
Visit site
I know it, in fact is the amp I consider for the living room, but doesnt work for my kitchen. First, it alone takes all my budget. And I'm not sure about buying such an expensive piece just to bury it in the ceiling or inside a wall forever.

I think if you have to do it properly, you'll need to increase your budget a bit, especially if the budget is for 2 rooms. The alternative is to look at Bluetooth ceiling speakers for the kitchen. This will get things in your budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts