What upgrade to Sony NW A45 makes sense

Nickdunc

Jan 7, 2022
Visit site
I have been using my Sony NW A45 for a few years and find the sound Good. As the battery has died I'm looking at getting a new one.
Does anyone have a Good value alternative that is as good or better than this?
Many thanks,
Nick

prince albert

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Many thanks. Is this the best or just the best Sony? This one does not figure in many of the 'best of' lists.
thanks,
Nick
The Sony Walkman NW-A100 series arrived at IFA 2019 with great retro fanfare. It’s the latest in the 40-year history of Sony’s portable players and is aiming to convince a new generation of music lovers to forget about their smartphones and take portable listening to a whole new level.

In Europe, there's a choice between the Sony Walkman NW105 and the limited edition 40th anniversary model, the Sony Walkman NW-A100TPS (above). The two are almost identical, but the TPS comes with a soft cover, styled like the very first Walkman, and a presentation pack.
The NW-A105 and the more premium Sony Walkman NW-ZX705 get their share of old school fun, though. Along with the TPS, they feature a rather nice moving cassette tape splash screen which changes depending on what you're listening to.

camcroft

I have a Sony NW-A55L Player and its excellent only problem is that it has a volume limiter set for the UK but then again there must be others that are volume limited as well
The Sony can have the limiter removed as was the case with mine as I bought it second hand and the previous owner had done it there is also a built in radio function which can also be undone. You can find a how to on the internet. The sound of this player is definitely better than my iPhone and this player got 5 stars on What HIFI
https://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com/2020/08/volume-cap-remove-from-EU-walkman.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts