What TV?

ALAYTON81

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
We have the space for a wall-mounted 65" TV, sitting about 10-12 feet away in relatively bright room in the daytime. I don't want a curved TV. I watch a lot of sport on Sky HD and most of our TV/film-watching is via Sky HD and Netflix. We are not likely to go down the route of 4k bluray but might go to Sky Q once 4k content is available. However, for now the TV needs to be a good upscaler and good with motion. I love the idea of OLED but have read plenty of criticism, including that it struggles with Sky HD in 1080i and that OLEDs are less good than LED in a bright room. The latest high-end TVs seem 4k/movie focused, maybe at the expense of HD?

Any thoughts on the right TV? It does not seem as easy as my last purchase 8 years ago when Kuro was pretty much the answer to everything! Willing to spend up to around £3,000 for the right product, but would prefer to spend less given the cost of renovations we have recently undertaken!

Thanks in advance for your help.

ALAYTON81

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
The KS9000 is curved, although I understand that the KS8000 will be virtually the same TV but flat. I know some people like it, but I just do not understand Samsung's continued obsession with curved TVs for their high-end models!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I've never understood the curved tv thing either. From what I've seen, it creates problems with hanging the tv on the wall, and it also seems to create problems with the picture, especially on OLEDs. It's a gimmick, but a non-sensical one.

You're right in what you say, 5 years ago the only tv to buy was a Kuro, but it's a lot more complicated now, and if I was in your shoes, I'd be just as unclear on what tv to buy. OLEDs are good, but I share some of your reservations.

Keep an eye here, I trust their reviews 100%, and I'm sure they'll be reviewing, or have already reviewed the right tv for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts