what to expect from MP3s

xtsili

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi there

I was wondering if there will be some improvement to the MP3 sound if I go upgrading my modest amp and speakers (1300 euros both) - dac and soundcard at 370 euros both wiil stay in place though.

Is it worth or will I keep getting the same sound meaning that the sonic potential of the MP3 format is limited and no upgrade will take it any further.

Thanks

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi xtsili, no matter what system you have MP3 is always going to sound limited compared too WAV/FLAC pc formats and CD's, A better system will make them sound better, but your probably always going to notice that compressed sound, If you can, go and demo a better system with your MP3s and see how you go. Also try and get your MP3s at 320kbps quality as its the best MP3 quality can get.

xtsili

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Josh5. It's really a good idea to audition my mp3s with a better than mine system. Besides I buy MP3s from iTUNES and eMUsic and these guys only have low kbps quality. So in a way I am hostage of this mediu- to-good quality.

Shall I assume that converting low quality MP3s to FLAC let's say, won't bring any improvement?.

Cheers

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately converting your MP3s to FLAC wont help as MP3 is a compressed format you cant extract data that's not there. maybe worth having a surf on the net for somewhere that sells higher quality MP3s and/or lossless formats if there are any.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts