What speakers for my Arcam Solo stereo?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

TheMaestro

May 7, 2017
Visit site
nopiano said:
Al ears said:
TheMaestro said:
on a Dutch auction site and will go and audition them coming Saturday.

I will get back with some feedback here. Cheers.

How can you get to audition something that's on an auction site? Interesting!
Indeed, and does the price go lower which is what I thought was a Dutch auction!?

It is a great deal, I think, he wants € 280,- for the set which I think is a great price. I was the only one not trying to talk the price down so he reserved them for me so I can go and listen to them Saturday. I'm willing to pay his asking price if they look in good shape. Its a complete set, only thing missing is one foam sponge. I contacted Monitor Audio CS if I can order it from them.

TheMaestro

May 7, 2017
Visit site
TheMaestro said:
nopiano said:
Al ears said:
TheMaestro said:
on a Dutch auction site and will go and audition them coming Saturday.

I will get back with some feedback here. Cheers.

How can you get to audition something that's on an auction site? Interesting!
Indeed, and does the price go lower which is what I thought was a Dutch auction!?

It is a great deal, I think, he wants € 280,- for the set which I think is a great price. I was the only one not trying to talk the price down so he reserved them for me so I can go and listen to them Saturday. I'm willing to pay his asking price if they look in good shape. Its a complete set, only thing missing is one foam sponge. I contacted Monitor Audio CS if I can order it from them.

Update: Customer Service UK forwarded my request to their Dutch section and I got a message from them today saying they will ship out 2 foam plugs to my address. Awesome service! Kudos to Monitor Audio.

TheMaestro

May 7, 2017
Visit site
really something special. They did forward my request for the sponges to the Dutch branch and I got them shipped.

Later I realized I was also missing 1 of those silicon round tabs that go onder the floor knobs.

Got in touch again with CS and got an extra silicon tab only 2 days later. Really amazing service for a guy who bought his MA RS6 used.

This is what keeps you coming back to a brand. Thanks to Lex at Monitor Audio in the Netherlands.

TRENDING THREADS