what size dish do i get

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just been looking on ebay and just been over whelmed on whats on offer all i want it for is free sat could anybody recomend what dish and what size i should get gary

daveh75

As a general rule the bigger the dish the better the signal.

But a standard 45cm(zone1) mini dish is usual for sky/freesat installation's throughout most of england and wales and the further south you are the stonger the signal will be.

In the far north of england and scotland a 60cm(zone2) mini dish is usual, the signal being weaker the further north you get.

A

Anonymous

Hi daveh75 thanks again fo your help i was thinking about buying a really cheap dish of ebay and one of those cheap sat finders would there be any advantage in buying a big dish i live in london thanks very much gary

A

Anonymous

Thanks daveh75 is there any particular make that you recomend or should I just buy a cheap dish on ebay thank you so much for your help gary

daveh75

When it comes to mini dishes wouldn't worry to much about make, they're all pretty similar in both quality and design.

Also i forgot to mention cable. Be sure to use good quality 75ohm double screened cable meant for satellite/digital installation's.

The industry standard/recommended cable is Webro WF100 for cable run's upto about 40-50 metre's.

For cable run's in excess of that Webro WF125 is recommended.

WF100 is available here or Here

Wf125 is available here

A

Anonymous

My dish is on the same wall as the box, meaning the run of cable is only about 10m or so.
Does that mean I'd get no real improvement in replacing the sat cable to the CT125 or even higher?

TRENDING THREADS