what new headphones to buy

musical0111

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
hello guys my senny 650 have died on me, so need some new cans i have seen the denon ah-d 600 at £190 on amazon are they better
or worse than the senny 650s, or should i just buy new 650s any comments welcome.

chelstondave

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's a matter of better or worse, just what suits your taste in music and personal preferences. I love my Q701s but wouldn't recommend them to a drum n bass fan. Suggest you audition the 650s against maybe some from AKG, Grado etc and see what you prefer

matthewpiano

I agree with chelstondave. It really is about what you enjoy. If you liked the HD650s then you won't get anything like the Sennheiser sound from another brand. I still love my HD595s which I have had for 10 years. However I also wouldn't be without my Beyer DT770PROs, which not only provide me with a closed back option (perfect when my wife is watching TV in the same room) but a different sound that suits different moods.

Loads of choice out there on the headphone market. My only advice is to stick to the proper hi-fi brands and, even more than that, I still fell that the experienced headphone names make the best headphones - Sennhesier, Beyer Dynamic, Audio Technica, Grado, Sony, AKG. Of the others I feel NAD's offerings would be worth exploring as would those by B&W, Focal and Musical Fidelity.

Ultiamtely, you have to audition and that should be a lot easier than it used to be given the popularity of headphones.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
A definite plus one for the sennheiser 595. Great headphones.

But I think some aspects of the headphone market are saturated with overated and very much overpriced products. Stick with the tried and trusted!

Cheers tonky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts