what micro/mini hi-fi. please help

A

Anonymous

It's my first post in the HI-FI section of WHF and have found helpful readers in the home cinema part and hope to here too. I'm after a mini/micro system. The wife says I can’t have a big lump, any way here are my thoughts.

Denon ceol n7, Marantz 603, Denon 38dab, TEACH300dab, Onkyo 545uk, marantz cr502, Cambridge audio sonata DR30/CD30.

I would like stream/internet radio capability and DAB. However if this is not possible then if I have two choices

1) Internet/streaming no dab

2) DAB no internet/streaming

Does anyone know if there are add no’s available that would partner them if one was missing from my two options? I know the Onkyo do a DAB add on but I wasn’t sure if that was just for AV amps? ANY help I would appreciate. Dali Zensor 1's on Soundstyle Z2. The unit is to go on an Equinox ARC rack. £550 is budget. Room 22ftx28ft. Many thanks

A

Anonymous

adrianshawcroft said:
It's my first post in the HI-FI section of WHF and have found helpful readers in the home cinema part and hope to here too. I'm after a mini/micro system. The wife says I can’t have a big lump, any way here are my thoughts.

Denon ceol n7, Marantz 603, Denon 38dab, TEACH300dab, Onkyo 545uk, marantz cr502, Cambridge audio sonata DR30/CD30.

I would like stream/internet radio capability and DAB. However if this is not possible then if I have two choices

1) Internet/streaming no dab

2) DAB no internet/streaming

Does anyone know if there are add no’s available that would partner them if one was missing from my two options? I know the Onkyo do a DAB add on but I wasn’t sure if that was just for AV amps? ANY help I would appreciate. Dali Zensor 1's on Soundstyle Z2. The unit is to go on an Equinox ARC rack. £550 is budget. Room 22ftx28ft. Many thanks

When I was looking to buy some speakers for my office system I demo'd the Zensor 1's (and various other small speakers) with the Onk system above as well as the Marantz CR603 and the Denon 38

The Zensor speakers are very nice indeed and IMO the Marantz would be the system to go for

It, IMO, really is heads above the rest mentioned but the Onk system and Denon systems are still good.

If you've the room for the Marantz system then go for it; you will not be disappointed! ;)

A

Anonymous

Thanks,

Is there an add on for the 603 for DAB or is it not really essential, (Onkyo do one DAB add on) as the 603 has internet radio. Just thinking of the sound quality via internet v DAB. And yes the dali are amazing for their size, I used them before as part of a 7.1 after changing from the QA 2000 5.1 (just got new set of 7.1) so using the dali's for a few hi-fi's around the house.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts