What CD should I buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just got lucky with a fairly chunky tax rebate and have decided to treat myself and upgrade my existing hi-fi with a new CD player. My current setup as follows: AudioLab 8000 CD AudioLab 8000 DAC AudioLab 8000 Q AudioLab 8000 M x 4 bi-wired to: Monitor Audio GR 20s The AudioLab kit (with the exception of one pair of the M monoblocks) is all more than 10 years old; I recently bought the 2 additional M monoblocks and had the original pair reconditioned by AudioLab. The GR 20s were a "treat" from an earlier tax refund about 3 years ago! My dilemma is this: since adding the second pair of Ms and having the original pair reconditioned, I think the CD player is weakening the overall system. It has served me well these past 10/11 years but I know my system as it is today probably deserves better. So, I want to replace with something that will really do it justice. But what? Do I simply buy the newer AudioLab 800CD or is there something better out there that would work with the other AudioLab gear? My budget is up to £1,000. I'd really appreciate some advice! Thanks....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Firstly, congrats on the tax rebate - lucky you!

And there's yet more good fortune - we're currently working on a Supertest of @£1000 CD players, to be published in our June issue, out May 1st. If you can hang on for those four weeks, it'll be well worth it, as there's a few hot new players- updated Naim, new Moon etc - that'll be challenging the class leaders.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts