I have a shortlist of 3 players, cambridge audio azur 540,nad 515bee
and marantz 5001.Most reviews i have read are about sound quality which
is important but equally important to me is reliability and the ability
to read copied discs.Please help.

cheers knobby.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i used to have a c.a. 640 cdp, and it was a bit hit and miss with cd-r's. it would play them, but skipping tracks could sometimes make it stop. it couldn't always find the beginning of the track if you didn't let the one before it play through.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
knobby:
I have a shortlist of 3 players, cambridge audio azur 540,nad 515bee
and marantz 5001.Most reviews i have read are about sound quality which
is important but equally important to me is reliability and the ability
to read copied discs.Please help.

cheers knobby.

Don't rule out the Arcam CD73. Brand new ones are going on eBay for around £250.

Too good to pass up IMO.

(FWIW. I have a CD72T, it's 6 years old, never had a problem and plays any CD I chuck at it.)

A

Anonymous

I can tell you for a certain fact that the NAD515BEE will play Cd-R (home made on a PC) with no problem at all. Finds all the tracks never skips in fact treats them just like a std shop bought CD.

As to reliability - can't comment as the player is still too new.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your input guys, i did look at the arcam but even second hand out of my price range, glad to hear about the nad because i do favour them over the others.

A

Anonymous

You might want to wait for a review of the Marantz CD5003, as it's the direct replacement to the CD5001. On the other hand, some deals can be had for the 5001. Never having heard the others on your short list, I can say that the 5001 is a very capable player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts