What are people playing on PS4 at the moment?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm desperately trying to find time to get into Tomb Raider - things keep being organised for me that prevent it. Outlast downloaded automatically the other day but not yet had a chance to try it.

Previous to that, can recommend Assassins Creed 4 if you've not tried it - I've completed it now, but it kept me busy for a long time. COD: Ghosts campaign lasted about 6 hours! And Resogun is a great one for a quick blast every now and then - highly addictive when you start though.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Professor! Yep, all done with AC4, was bucket loads of fun, much better than the previous one. Haven't really given Resogun much of a go, though I do have it downloaded waiting for me. Played through Tomb Raider on PS3, was a brilliant game, loads of fun, though not sure if it merits a full price upgrade for PS4, might wait till it drops and then pick it up. Can't wait for infamous though, looking like a big improvement on the past couple!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, my PS3 died last summer so I've not played through Tomb Raider as yet - I've heard it's not worth getting it if you've already had it on a previous gen. Would definitely recommend checking out Resogun though, I wasn't convinced of it at all until I played it - very addictive game once you've got the hang of it.

Looking forward to Infamous, Alien: Isolation and Driveclub over the next few months on the mainstream releases, and Secret Ponchos, Octodad and Child of Light from the Indie devs. Also of course, the Destiny beta is starting in April.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
'Alien: Isolation' could be a cracking game. Unfortunately the track record for 'Alien' games is not a good one so let's hope they get it right this time.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes, it's always the worry isn't it! Since the developers have said the aim of this one is to try and capture the spirit of the original Alien movie, I've got some higher hopes that this isn't going to be another "me too" 1st person shooter. The gameplay I've seen so far seems to back this up, since you can't actually kill the xenomorph. Instead the main objective is to hide and eventually escape from it, with some no doubt pretty terrifying moments whilst doing so.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
If only someone would make a decent 'Aliens' game - if ever a film was crying out for a decent console shooter then surely this was it, yet somehow no-ones ever managed to make it work; why??

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I think the problems with a lot of licences material is that the publishers palm off the work to second rate developers , they give them terrible pressure through time constraints and budgets, and so what we end up with is a turd of a game. The publisher doesn't care because they know the game will still sell regardless. I think Batman: Arkham Asylum was one of the finest examples of a licenced product being done right. Though, notice the drop in quality from Arkham City to Origins, due to the publisher moving development to a studio that were making a game in order to sell loads of copies versus Rocksteady who were clearly passionate about the character.

AVLee

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
as with many people on here, i have also got Tomb Raider on the 3, im on the final boss, and i shan't be purchasing for the 4, no point for a few graphical updates.

im not even sure i would purchase The Last Of Us on the 4 (if the GOTY edition materialises, as is the rumour), but i can't wait for TLOU 2, if it gets made!

AC4 i have just started playing, never played any of the others before, so its all new and so far its all good. graphics are amazing and i have spent hours on it and only just made it to Nassau!

Resogun is quality, love all the particle physics!

Roundhead 5000

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Played the balls out of Killzone, completed campaign, then I guess 50 hrs of MP, which is really quite good..Now mainly Battlefield, some Ghosts, although I think if you play Battlefield for long enough going back to Ghosts feels like dumbing down somewhat. Had an hour or so of Outlast, headphones on, lights off....and it has genuinely made me jump a couple of times. I really want to play Driveclub, but news seems to have dried up recently on that one.

Roundhead 5000

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree, I also have the xbone and I have Forza, which is ok but it just feels that little bit sterile to me. Driveclub looks to be more fun, even just from the videos. I could be wrong of course. I think Infamous will be a bit of an eye opener in terms of what ps4 can do. There's going to be some cracking games in a year or so!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts