What amplifier matches well with Fyne audio?

jayukguy147

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site
I have F502SP :)

Looking for a intergrated amplifier up to a max 3k , happy to buy used.

I currently have a Nad T778.... Do you think a 2 channel amplifier is worth the investment against my AV receiver?

The thing is, the T778 sounds amazing with my old tannoy Precisions - unfortunately I won't be able to test with my F502SP's

Any recommendations is appreciated

Thanks 👍

3k what?
This is an international forum so currency might be useful.
Just about any half decent amp will drive those Fynes, you simply have to ensure it has the functions you need.
No reason to change your NAD if you are happy with it.

It’s hard to say, and I don’t know your NAD although they generally make great amps. My admitted bias against AV gear for Hifi isn’t justified when pricier models are involved as I’ve heard superb Sony and Yamaha top flight AV amps sounding great.

For three grand used the world is your oyster, almost. If you buy good used then it should be easily resaleable, or try a dealer like Elite who’ll let you return anything.

TrevC

Decent valve amps require maintenance in order to stay decent. This includes replacing the power tubes at least yearly.
Not only that they have higher levels of distortion, high output impedance and waste power. While I loved my dad's old radiogram and my home brew 6L6 amp I wouldn't want to go back there.

Basso

Nov 13, 2021
Visit site
I heard Fyne Audio speakers being driven by a Moon amp a Moon streamer. It was a few years ago but it left a positive lasting impression.

TRENDING THREADS