What amp with MS 906i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Im in need of your expertise. I am really considering getting the MS 906i and dont really know what amp would be suitable to run them. Im probably looking at around the £250 range so was considering the Cambridge Audio AZUR 540A V2. Also any experience with the MS? A friend had the 902's and i was very impressed so i thought they would be a good starting point.

Any thoughts or experience or even alternative suggestions?

Thanks

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
At that price have you considered 2nd hand?

You could take a look at the NAD C320BEE or a NAD C352 integrated amp.

What music do you listen to?

A

Anonymous

not really seen much of the NAD series, will take a look at them now!

Mainly listen to D+B progressive house and funky house. Looking for decent bass and crisp treble.

Where would i find offers for second hand?

A

Anonymous

You may find the Cambridge a little "open" sounding for that type of stuff. I have a 540a V2 and with some dance music recordings the sound just doesn't gel... particularly mix CDs which have loads of tracks on... they sound compressed and blunt.

I think a NAD give a much more pleaseing sound with house etc.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Youve got similar tatses to me (apart from R&B) so i do think the NAD would be a very good choice as would an Arcam integrated amp (say the Arcam Alpha 9 or 10 integrated amps) or if you can find one at that price, an Arcam DiVA A85 integrated amp (all can be upgraded in ther future with a matching power amp).

Your best bet for 2nd hand hifi separates would be eBay. Just make sure that seller has a good reputation and that there are plenty of pics representing the item!

Have you an idea of what CD player you'd be using?

A

Anonymous

I normally play most of my music direct from my laptop as thats where most of my music is. In the future after i have a base setup im going to invest in the Logitec Wireless streaming device(cant remember the exact product name) as that looks very good and means i can seperate my laptop working area from where i want my hifi set up.

To be honest im a bit dubious about buying second hand electricals. Is there nothing in the current product ranges that would be suitable?

Im getting quite taken with the NAD C325BEE, as every seems to be mentioning NAD as a good buy for my needs. Does noone recommend cambridge audio? From what i have seen many of their amps have 5 stars?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The NAD C325BEE would be a superb buy

IMO the C/A sound would be too lean for your taste in music so you'd be best sticking with a more solid sound like NAD or Arcam.

You shouldnt be scared of buying 2nd hand; as long as you do your research and makre sure that the seller is genuine and can be trusted then youre ok. You can get some decent systems for very good £££ via eBay etc...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts