What a strange week this was...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:igglebert:...anyway, back to trying to imagine Cecilia Bartoli in the front room...

Can we make it Anna Netrebko instead please?
...let's make it a duette...my speakers are nearly 3m apart, plenty of room...

A

Anonymous

PP you think ARCAM and MA owners get stick you should try owning a pair of Avi 9'1's, makes you feel like a leper in a nudist camp but I love the sound!And that is what matters to us all in the end.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:matthewpiano:igglebert:...anyway, back to trying to imagine Cecilia Bartoli in the front room... Can we make it Anna Netrebko instead please? ...let's make it a duette...my speakers are nearly 3m apart, plenty of room...

Good taste and adaptability are always so important, I find.
emotion-5.gif

Andrew Everard:plastic penguin:

ARCAM HAS PRESENCE OF MIND

Love the subliminal message in the middle of that post, but shouldn't it just flash up for a split-second, then vanish?

Yes...yes I thought so. Maybe this idea could be inserted into JD's "IN" file?

legoyoda

May 8, 2009
Visit site
I hear you all. I spent ages building up a 5.1 system with B&W M1's, REL QUAKE, Yamaha Amp and it was brilliant for games and movies (fast, punchy, dynamic) but just didn't set the world on fire for music (to the extent that it was flat out "odd" listening to CDs on the system). Adding in a Marantz PM6002 / CD6002 / Dali Suite 2.8 Floor standersseperatly for music blows the 5.1 setup out of the water and cost about half as much!

Bottom line, different gear for different things. I'm now a firm believer in the "jack of all trades, master of none" saying.

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
I agree with the importance of synergy. First i matched a Marantz PM66SE KI with my missions, really didn't like it. My current amp was 1/5 the cost and now i love my set up. CD player experimentation is next..

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano:igglebert:...anyway, back to trying to imagine Cecilia Bartoli in the front room... Can we make it Anna Netrebko instead please?

Recently heard and seen her (AN) singing and dancing barefeet and for some reason find it easy to remember
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Synergy is in the mind. One person's synergy is another person's unlistenable.

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Tarquinh:Synergy is in the mind. One person's synergy is another person's unlistenable.

On reflection you're probably right, but this is also down to varying taste as well. I think when components have a 'synergy' they are producing the sound that the individual in question is looking for.

legoyoda:

I hear you all. I spent ages building up a 5.1 system with B&W M1's, REL QUAKE, Yamaha Amp and it was brilliant for games and movies (fast, punchy, dynamic) but just didn't set the world on fire for music (to the extent that it was flat out "odd" listening to CDs on the system). Adding in a Marantz PM6002 / CD6002 / Dali Suite 2.8 Floor standersseperatly for music blows the 5.1 setup out of the water and cost about half as much!

Bottom line, different gear for different things. I'm now a firm believer in the "jack of all trades, master of none" saying.

Yup, sound reminiscent of my nieces set-up. You can't have the best of both worlds. For the timebeing, I'm sticking to my present compromise.

TRENDING THREADS