Wharfedale's latest standmounters see the brand celebrate its illustrious British heritage

bristollinnet

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Its a crying shame that whoever owns the naming rights to Wharfedale have zero respect for the brand. The Wharfedale Denton was a 2-way design and never a 3-way. I bought the Denton 2XPs in the mid 1970s and whilst I swapped them out with Linton 3XPs a few years later, for their size, budget, and my then student ears, they sounded absolutely great. Being faithful to their heritage? I think not.

AudioFreak72

Jan 16, 2024
Visit site
Its a crying shame that whoever owns the naming rights to Wharfedale have zero respect for the brand. The Wharfedale Denton was a 2-way design and never a 3-way. I bought the Denton 2XPs in the mid 1970s and whilst I swapped them out with Linton 3XPs a few years later, for their size, budget, and my then student ears, they sounded absolutely great. Being faithful to their heritage? I think not.
Is this not an improvement on a historic model? If Jaguar were to bring out a new e-Type, would you complain it has power steering and Bluetooth? I think its great that brands such as Wharfedale and the like are re-visiting these legendary products and adding some new, up-to-date technology and pushing the boundaries - progress!

tim_hashstar

Sep 30, 2020
Visit site
The new Super Denton's three-way design was inspired by the Denton 3 – a similarly compact three-way speaker that launched in 1971. Two-way Denton models already exist in Wharfedale's current Heritage Series.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts