Wharfedale Diamond 8.4 for £100 - should I buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI

I have been offered some wharfedale diamond 8.4's for £100.

1) Is this worth it

2) how will they compare with my Monitor Audio S6's (i know MA's will be better but how much?)

3) Have you got any other suggestions for a speaker, must go loud and not distort, good base, good vocals, will pay max £250, happy to get second hand if it means I can get more bang for my buck!

Thanks in Advance

Hi Joead and welcome to the forum.

What amp and source do you have? Is there anything you dislike about your current system? I assume you like BIG bass, and I don't think you'll better the MAs in that area. You'll be able to get better definition than the S6 but the trade-off is less bottom end.

A

Anonymous

Hi Plastic Pengiun

Thank you for your swift reply.

I currently don't have an amp or source! I"m actually looking at buying a second hifi system. Am very happy with the S6's which are paired with a sony amp and cambridge audio cd player. I"m now looking for a second, more budget hifi.

Any further recomendations re whether those wharfedales are value for money, any suggestions for a budget amp / mini system to accompany the speakers, and further speaker sugesstions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Can't really advise you on these particular Wharfedales. I've owned a couple of pairs over the years and heard a fair few other models but not 8.4. I've looked up different websites and found their smaller brothers, and the £100 price tag seems* about right.

Depending on your budget, but I know Wharfedale and Pioneer is (was) a match made in heaven. I owned that combo for 17 years.

If it's a second system have you considered an all-in-one brand, such as Arcam Mini Solo, Marantz or Naim UnitiQute, to name just a few?

*It's a guess so don't quote me on the estimation.

Cheers, pp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts