Wharfedale 9.1s, what amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm very new to the hifi industry as I usually keep my head deep in the headphone section of town. For a refference to the style of sound I enjoy I use the ATH-AD700s as my general every day headphones.

I'm looking for an amp to pair with the Wharfedale 9.1s (From Superfi), I'm using them in a medium sized bedroom. Probably about queen sized bed wise with enough room for a desk/draws etc. My budget is around £180. Pref lower though. Can stretch if needed but want to keep a bit back since I'm thinking of adding a sub in after a few weeks.

Anyway, I listen to a large range of music. From DnB to acoustic and all the way to punk/metal/rock in between. Any reccomendations?

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking of the pioneer A307R. Was possibly contemplating the NAD315BEE but I can't source them from anywhere now. They're not on superfi which is where I'm ordering my pair of 9.1s from.

A

Anonymous

I think NAD C316BEE is the newer version/replacement of NAD C315BEE?

A

Anonymous

I've got mine running from the C315BEE and I love the sound. But as a newbie have very little to compare it too. I'm sure the C316BEE would give a similar result.

RollerBallMouse:

I'm very new to the hifi industry as I usually keep my head deep in the headphone section of town. For a refference to the style of sound I enjoy I use the ATH-AD700s as my general every day headphones.

I'm looking for an amp to pair with the Wharfedale 9.1s (From Superfi), I'm using them in a medium sized bedroom. Probably about queen sized bed wise with enough room for a desk/draws etc. My budget is around £180. Pref lower though. Can stretch if needed but want to keep a bit back since I'm thinking of adding a sub in after a few weeks.

Anyway, I listen to a large range of music. From DnB to acoustic and all the way to punk/metal/rock in between. Any reccomendations?

Pioneer amps are very good with Wharfedale. Also, Arcam A65 Plus (can be picked up for around £100 - £150) is a fabulous amp for the money. I had mine playing through my old Wharfedales and had no complaints.

defo

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I run my 9.1s with a NAD setup and it sounds gorgeous, listening to Plastikman on it right now and the bass is awesomely pure

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts