Whalfdale Linton

aversaurus

And in this day and age were there,s few places were you can actually audition the equipment before you can buy it let alone auction it with the equipment you already have .
Do have any option but to listen to other hifi lovers opinion before you seriously look at another perchance .

GoodVibes

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
My suggestion would be to aim for a speaker that suits your preferred genre of music. I haven’t heard the Lintons but I know they have been described as laid back which will not be the best solution for listening to uptempo music.

GoodVibes

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
I think musical ‘timing’ is more about the amp then the speaker…

I’m sure the amplifier is very important. In my very limited experience (6 months) I have paired my CXA 81 with two different pairs of speakers and one pair sounds and feels lively and more responsive which for me better suits uptempo music.

My suggestion would be to aim for a speaker that suits your preferred genre of music. I haven’t heard the Lintons but I know they have been described as laid back which will not be the best solution for listening to uptempo music.

That doesn't really work. Even though some brands may veer towards certain genres, no manufacture design a component for a specific genre. It's about hitting that sweet spot or synergy between amp and speakers regardless of music you listen to.

GoodVibes

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
That doesn't really work. Even though some brands may veer towards certain genres, no manufacture design a component for a specific genre. It's about hitting that sweet spot or synergy between amp and speakers regardless of music you listen to.

I’m 6 Months into this hobby and still learning. I don’t understimate the importance of the amp but surely if a speaker is known for being laid back, it’s not going to be a good match for high energy music?

I’m 6 Months into this hobby and still learning. I don’t understimate the importance of the amp but surely if a speaker is known for being laid back, it’s not going to be a good match for high energy music?
The basic rule of thumb is if your speakers are laid back then try and avoid a amp with similar traits. Otherwise, depending on your room acoustics, can end up sounding like sonic soup: Lifeless and not very enjoyable. On the flipside, if both amp and speakers are too lively, it can end up shrill and not good for long listening sessions. The trick is to mix light with dark. Generally speaking this should give you the ideal compromise. I mention compromise because there's no such thing as a perfect sounding system, for may reasons.... budget, room size/acoustics, taste blah blah blah....

I try and not to pigeon hole components, that's why I always say synergy, synergy and synergy.

Reactions: AndyCC72

aversaurus

Yep I know what to look for and what makes a difference .I was wondering if any guys or girls on here actually have them .
I get most of my equipment second hand and you can only get them new .
So big expenditure for me and it's next to impossible to audition them anywhere close .

D

Deleted member 116933

They’re a niche that’s been missing in the market at that price point for a decades.

best way to describe them is full fat, a wall of sound. I personally love that sort of sound as I have klipsch heresy3s very similar ideas.

ou can go one of 2 ways depending the sound you like. Really lean into there full fat sound or get a leaner more sparkly amp to up the top end.

that’s really all I can say. If you can try and audition them or at least buy from a place with a god refund policy. Tbh there isn’t much not to like. 90% like sound like that I’m sure it won’t offend. It will be just your room and finding amp with the features you need/ want

If it where me I’d start with a musical fidelity amp and go from there. Maybe a Hegel would be a good shout too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts