Well, it had to happen....

While getting several happy years out of my Zyx R100-02 cartridge I attempted to fit it to new forearm, then..... disaster!

I blame the dog who barged into the back of my legs at a vital moment and ping goes the cantilever. Sheared straight off.

Anyone know a good fixer?

Trying to contact Northwest Analogue at the moment.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Al ears said:
I blame the dog who barged into the back of my legs at a vital moment and ping goes the cantilever. Sheared straight off.

I presume you've sat the dog down, stuck a DVD of Korean eating habits in the DVD player, and warned him/her about their future conduct. *biggrin*

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Al ears said:

I presume you've sat the dog down, stuck a DVD of Korean eating habits in the DVD player, and warned him/her about their future conduct. *biggrin*

Perhaps I should have done, but he's in the wok already. :)

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Had the dog been drinking?

Sorry, that's not very helpful. Hope you can find a craftsman to fix the cantilever - I've got a feeling that your system is at the expensive end.

Alternatively, do you have accidental damage cover on your insurance? And does this extend to dog-related injuries? That might at least mitigate the cost.

Good luck!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Al ears said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Al ears said:

Perhaps I should have done, but he's in the wok already. :)

51JCfqH0tFL._SL500_.jpg

thescarletpronster said:

Sorry, that's not very helpful. Hope you can find a craftsman to fix the cantilever - I've got a feeling that your system is at the expensive end.

Alternatively, do you have accidental damage cover on your insurance? And does this extend to dog-related injuries? That might at least mitigate the cost.

Good luck!

Lovely thought but I done think they will buy it.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Al ears said:
thescarletpronster said:

Good luck!

it would be covered if you have accidental damage cover.

ifor said:
Al ears said:
thescarletpronster said:

Good luck!

it would be covered if you have accidental damage cover.

I do have accidental damage cover so will give it a try as have never claimed on it yet. Will let you know how it goes.

Meanwhile, on the advice of that nice guy Dominic at Northwest Analogue , I have ordered an Audio Technica F7.

daytona600 said:
if you bought from a dealer claiming your insurance very easy if you have a invoice

Thanks for the idea. Just had a result and didn't even need an invoice.

Good old Direct Line have offered a cash settlement for the cost of a new Zyx R100 (as currently listed on the Analogue Seduction website).

Not that's just fine because the UK RRP is now a good deal more than I paid importing direct. ........ :)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

thescarletpronster said:
Now all you need to do is rehome the dog

Unfortunately, the dog's already Beef Chow Chow Mien. *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts